ps/ps2 GC keyboard adapter

Jaded God

Established Member
Does anyone use a ps/ps2 gamecube keyboard adapter???

A simple device to let you use almost any normal PC *ps/ps2* keyboard on your gamecube..

I am about to buy one for 9.99 at JapanVideoGames http://www.japanvideogames.com/

I don't have the money to afford the ASCII import GC keyboard/controller... 79.99 = too much for me, and I am not too keen on having my hands that far apart on a controller, bleh <_<
 
Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 2, 2003 @ 12:54 PM

Does anyone use a ps/ps2 gamecube keyboard adapter???

A simple device to let you use almost any normal PC *ps/ps2* keyboard on your gamecube..

I am about to buy one for 9.99 at JapanVideoGames http://www.japanvideogames.com/

I don't have the money to afford the ASCII import GC keyboard/controller... 79.99 = too much for me, and I am not too keen on having my hands that far apart on a controller, bleh <_<

Before you ask questions, know your terminology... you obviously have some idea what you're talking about, but 'PS/PS2 adapter' sounds like you're suggesting using a DualShock port to GameCube convertor with a PS2 keyboard...

You're referring to PS/2, the longtime standard PC mouse/keyboard connector (which is now being supplanted by USB).

My PowerBoard from CodeJunkies uses one.

It's a little dodgy, and occasionally drops the signal, but it works well enough.
 

Jaded God

Established Member
Hey Tagrineth, get off the high horse there.
wink.gif


All you had to do was help me by answering or not.
 
Well, he's not completely off track (if he just said it was a typo to kill some noise)

There is a GC keyboard adaptor that gives you a PS/2 keyboard plug, but also a port for PSX/PS2 joypads to slot in...

Why someone would use a PSX joypad is still a question to me...

But this thing does atleast only cost 10-20$ in most online stores...

It's a good deal compared to the 45$ a friend of mine used on a GC keyboard...

When he opened the box, there was a nice (VERY) flat keyboard inside the box + a PS/2->GC adaptor plug
tongue.gif
 

Jaded God

Established Member
psps2gc.jpg


I did MEAN ps/ps2!!! LOL It is for ps/ps2 controllers
sleep.gif
.

here is the page...

http://www.japanvideogames.com/phtml/front...rmatid=2&num=15

I know I said normal PC controller so that probably threw you guys off.. Sorry about that.. Someone sent me the link saying it was for that, but obviously didn't read the title, neither did I that much.

Anyways you couldnt use the ps2 keyboard since its USB... So this thing is no good? Isn't there a real PS/2 Adapter for Gamecube that allows u to use a regular keyboard!?!
 
Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 9, 2003 @ 12:14 PM

Anyways you couldnt use the ps2 keyboard since its USB... So this thing is no good? Isn't there a real PS/2 Adapter for Gamecube that allows u to use a regular keyboard!?!

CodeJunkies

Their keyboard comes with that PS/2 adapter.
 

Jaded God

Established Member
Bah that's like the same keyboard I just bought for ps2 from POWERBOARD for 19.99 at bestbuy
sad.gif


The ps2 keyboard I have though is USB... So is this gamecube keyboard USB too? They just throw in a ps/ps2 adapter?

God if it has just that adapter in the box with it, I just want that! lol
damn.gif
 
The GameCube's PowerBoard is a PowerBoard with a standard PS/2 (PC) connector and a PS/2 to GameCube controller plug adapter.
 

Jaded God

Established Member
Originally posted by Tagrineth@Jul 9, 2003 @ 10:03 PM

The GameCube's PowerBoard is a PowerBoard with a standard PS/2 (PC) connector and a PS/2 to GameCube controller plug adapter.

That is a rip then! I mean I already have a pc keyboard, I just need that adapter that comes with it...

:bs
 
Top