ps2 help

Supa sonic

New Member
i just wont come on for some reason.it has never been dropped,modded or anything. it just wont come on. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
 

Curtis

Member
Maybe I'm being a little naive about this, but

a) This isn't a sony forum

"It wont turn on" is a little brief when it comes to troubleshooting and

c) What exactly did you want?
 

Agent21KGB

New Member
I am beting that the system is not turning on but, my newbiese is a little bad. I would say maybe you blew a fuse on the power board. But ps2s are usually very complex.
 

Cloud121

Member
Originally posted by Curtis@July 09 2002,15:00

Maybe I'm being a little naive about this, but

a) This isn't a sony forum

"It wont turn on" is a little brief when it comes to troubleshooting and

c) What exactly did you want?

It's under the GENERAL section, so he can post about Sony if he wants. I'm getting sick of people always saying that. "This isn't a such and such forum."

It's simple what he wants, he wants help on how to get his PS2 working.
 

mal

Member
Cloud121, Supa sonic is free to post tech questions about a PS2 here, but is more likely to get a good answer from a Playstation/Sony forum.

I don't think this is a case of console discrimination. :
:
 

Curtis

Member
Originally posted by mal@July 10 2002,14:41

Cloud121, Supa sonic is free to post tech questions about a PS2 here, but is more likely to get a good answer from a Playstation/Sony forum.

I don't think this is a case of console discrimination. :
:

Right you are mal. I was not saying he couldn't ask this question, but it seemed a little odd to me that he chose to ask it here, at a place noted for it's slight bias towards Sega.

I realise that he wants to know why his PS2 isn't working. What I was asking with "c) What exactly did you want?" was "given the fact the it does not work, what exactly do you want us to do about it that someone in a better position to understand your problem (like a Sony technician for example) can't do for you?"

Personally, I liked my shorter question better, as it was closer to being gramatically correct.

Clear?
 
B

BigDAlcala

I say take it back to whoever scammed you into buying a farked up PS2 and get a new one. If they don't allow you to, beat the clerk over the head with the PS2, rob the place, then write on the walls (with the clerk's blood): THE VIDEOGAMES MADE ME DO IT!
 

Supa sonic

New Member
I love Sega. I have all there consoles, even the Pico. The only reason i posted it here was because i thought someone would know. I respected you all knowlegde.But i see that some of you are just thick headed morons.
 

cww80

New Member
Originally posted by Supa sonic@July 10 2002,12:29

I love Sega. I have all there consoles, even the Pico. The only reason i posted it here was because i thought someone would know. I respected you all knowlegde.But i see that some of you are just thick headed morons.

well dude, you could need a new power cord...also, ive known people to accidently hit the power switch on the back of the PS2...in fact ive done that when i dont want people touching it...they just assume it doesnt work
 

Gallstaff

Member
i think it was a stupid idea to have that ower switch in the back. It's not a computer nor does it attempt to be one yet that powerswitch seemed like it was plucked off of one and stuck back there.
 

cww80

New Member
Originally posted by Gallstaff@July 10 2002,14:30

i think it was a stupid idea to have that ower switch in the back. It's not a computer nor does it attempt to be one yet that powerswitch seemed like it was plucked off of one and stuck back there.

i like it for the reasons stated above, but otherwise it is useless...
 

Gallstaff

Member
3do had sorta that same problem. the buttons were so out-dented that the slighted tap would set it on or off. annoying as hell.
 
Top