Ps2 Shining force..

Frankly i would like to see a translated version of all 3 shinforce 3 games.. or might it be a brand new title?

Perhaps Sega will add a jobs system for this new title? hmmm

Did Sega really announce a new Shining game?
wow.gif

I'm suprised to know! And pleased also, I guess I'm capable of buying a new console just to play a new Shining Force.
wink.gif

Please keep me updated on the issue!

I see no news anywhere about a Shining Force game for the PS2.

The closest match is Shining Lore, that is not made by Sega, and has nothing to with Sega's Shining series.

Originally posted by M3d10n@July 03 2002,17:50

I see no news anywhere about a Shining Force game for the PS2.

The closest match is Shining Lore, that is not made by Sega, and has nothing to with Sega's Shining series.

Alas. I guess our wait is gonna be still long. ???

ya it would be good if they brought out a shining force collection. maybe include all of the shinning force games on one dvd with a bunch of extras.

only game i currently own for my genesis is shinging force.

This is b******t. I've witnessed the third campaign for trying to make SEGA and Camelot to re-releash the third part completed & translated in English or to make another Shining Force game and there were 5000 signatures. I girl named Moggie has done all the work for the project and we only have a reponse from Sega of America and Sega of Europe. Sega of Japan and Camelot didn't answer yet. There is not even a plan on a Shining game for PS2.

The newest shining game is Shining Soul(crap) for game boy advance and a Remake Version of "Shining Force Gaiden 3: The final Conflict" for PC (Fun remake [I work there too] SEGA and Camelot knows about this and it's still in development).

I looked around for ANY info about a SF game on PS2, and all I found were people hoping to get a new SF game for the system. I don't know where you heard about such a game existing cherok, but im sure if it were comming out people would know.

Hmm, if a next-gen Shining game does come out it'll probably be on the Gamecube. Considering the big N picked up Camalot as a second party.

Originally posted by cherok@July 04 2002,11:20

Frankly i would like to see a translated version of all 3 shinforce 3 games.. or might it be a brand new title?

Perhaps Sega will add a jobs system for this new title? hmmm

I think cherok would just like to see a new Shining game.

Unless he's subtly hinting at it, he hasn't said there will be one.

Originally posted by ragnar14@July 04 2002,10:21

Hmm, if a next-gen Shining game does come out it'll probably be on the Gamecube. Considering the big N picked up Camalot as a second party.

I don't know from where you drain your info but this is absolutely true. Even after the Camelot's falure (in sells) on the PSX game named "Beyond the Beyond" (Brilliant game, anyone remember this?) and the top selling Golden Sun & now Golden Sun 2: Lost Age, there are little chances to see a Shining Force title(trully shining force game and not crappy Shining Soul things) on other platforms except GCN. Although we have to think that the licence belongs to Sonic Team and their relationship with Camelot aren't very good after the release of the third scenario(Camelot wanted Sega not to reveal the Dreamcast before the 3rd Scenario comes out but they didn't listen Camelot guys).

The game on PS2 would just suck ass. I would luv to see it on cube and wouldn't mind if it was on xbox. The only prob with xbox is that they will only sell a decent amount of the game here in the states. Everywhere else in the world it would suck compared to what the cube could pull. They could sell most if it came out for PS2 but then we would have shitty load times, outdated graphics, and I would have to go buy a new system. I am buying all 3 anyways but don't wanna buy em all at once. I would rather see it made for DC than PS2, wouldn't u all agree?

Originally posted by BJammzz@July 04 2002,19:37

I would rather see it made for DC than PS2, wouldn't u all agree?

you sure you meant dc?

ideally then yeah, but practically if they did release it on dc it would be jap only

...and we don't want to be another untranslated JAP game with just better graphics, do we?

Good point megametalgreymon!
smile.gif

i tink they should duel release the next shining force game if there is one on the GC and the Xbox. thata way they can target more buyers but they should make the two games different. i mean it just pisses me off to see a Ps2 port of a game over to GC or Xbox and it has the same shiat gfx. plus if they made the two diff then ppl would want to own both, even more money.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by gamefoo21@July 04 2002,21:29

i tink they should duel release the next shining force game if there is one on the GC and the Xbox. thata way they can target more buyers but they should make the two games different. i mean it just pisses me off to see a Ps2 port of a game over to GC or Xbox and it has the same shiat gfx. plus if they made the two diff then ppl would want to own both, even more money.
biggrin.gif

target more buyers?!!um yeah, theres more PS2s sold then Xbox & Gamecube combined...and about that graphics comment...FF10, Devil May Cry and Gran Turismo 3, seems to say otherwise(not to mention those games are only on PS2)I wasnt too shocked when Sega said theyd only be releasing 15 Xbox Games this year...20 for Gamecube and 42 for PS2...I mean Sony has first place locked...Nintendo is second and well, you can figure out whos last...

:smileyshot2

Because people start to discuss not only a theoretical game, but then which console it would be best for. What else do you expect to happen next? ???

Back