PS2: The Red Star

mtxblau

Mid Boss
Has anyone played "The Red Star" yet?

The basic history of the game is that was about to be released three years ago, the company went bankrupt, then just a few weeks ago they decided to release the game but without any fanfare. It's a $20 game, new.

It's a beat 'em up slash shooter, which is why it's so interesting. You start with two characters, one unlockable, and in a view that is similar to 'Dynamite Cop', except you can rotate and attack in 360 degrees. One of the characters reminds me of Samuel Han from Guardian Heroes.

When you reach boss battles, the view changes to a top down view akin to Expendable, where the boss attacks are similar to Radiant Silvergun, in that while you can use a gun, you can also use your weapon for melee attacks.

Overall the game is a blast, even on one player. Has anyone else played the game yet?

Review here.

I remember playing a demo of the game a couple of years ago. I'm glad to see that it finally came out. I'll pick it up one of these days.

I'm glad it finally got released, but I'm hoping that maybe it expands onto XBLA or something. Seems perfect for a small, hardcore release.

Back