PS2 to be same price as GC in mid November!?

if the rumors from the magic box are true. all i have to say is WOW if this is true. i really believe at a price like this (an $80 reduction)the other two companies stand no chance this holiday season.

- RUMOR: Sony is planning to lower the retail price of PlayStation 2 in US to $99.99 in mid-November, to match the price of Nintendo GameCube.

the-magicbox news

(at the end of the PS2 news for October 10)

I just don't see them dropping it more than $50 in the US. Remember, the $179.99 is only until they run out of the old systems. The new ones are still $199.99.

the things been out for quite awhile. hasn't everyone who's going to buy already bought one?

maybe sony'll combine marketing strategies and simultaneously drop the price and create an artificial shortage.

Originally posted by sizone@Oct 13, 2003 @ 05:45 PM

the things been out for quite awhile. hasn't everyone who's going to buy already bought one?

No, I usually wait for systems to come near the end of their lifetime to buy them :)

Most I've ever paid for a system is $100

Although I doubt if I'll ever buy a Sony console.

That's what I'm always feeling, but it's always wrong. Lots of people tend to buy consoles late in their (meaning console) lifetime. One thing that reasonable with that is you know what you get, and the games to the console is cheaper. I don't know if this is how "regular" buyers reason however. They just see a cheap console I guess.

I haven't heard anything about pricedrops of the PS2, but that just might be that I have no interest in it. I already own mine (PS2). I don't even think Sony really sees Nintendo or Mircosoft as a competition. Sony were the last to drop the price last time.

Back