Pseudo Saturn Kai : Find the Easter Egg

vbt

Staff member
Pseudo Saturn Kai v6.314 : Easter Egg !
Written by cafealpha 17 july 2019 no comments
That's a bit late for Easter, but did someone noticed the one hidden in Pseudo Saturn Kai v6.314 ?

Easter Egg in Pseudo Saturn Kai v6.314

This can be triggered by a key combo from Pseudo Saturn Kai main menu and ODE image selection menu. It's available in both lite and full versions of the firmware and can also be triggered from RmenuKai too.
Keys sequence was changed after taking the video above, so don't try to guess it from there ! Unsurprisingly, keys sequence is more complex in Pseudo Saturn Kai v6.314
smile.gif

Why such kind of technical demo in Pseudo Saturn Kai ? Simply because it was fun to implement
trigic.gif

Additionally, this is also a small wink to the good old times I was daily using a TI-89 calculator : this Easter egg was ported from Voxel2Space demo by Kai Kostack.

I still keep using my TI-89, but way less more than when I was a student. It's actually quite handy to do quick math or binary to (hexa)decimal conversions at work : the more Windows evolves, the more horrible its builtin calculator becomes (seriously, my eyes are about to bleed each time I see the Windows 10 calculator
bourre.gif
), so it's good to have a physical calculator at reach of hands
love.gif

Let's play a game with this Easter egg : the first one to find the correct keys combo will be rewarded by a Gamer's Cartridge from my own collection !

During the last years, I was gathering Gamer's Cartridges with custom 3D printed shells and PCBs from various production batches and different times of the development of the cartridge.
Rather than just putting on sale, theses are kept for good occasions, and finding this keys combo is one of such kind of good occasions
smile.gif

20190715_sgc_custom_shell.jpg

Custom cartridge shell .
Thanks to zone66x for designing
and printing them
top.gif

Rules :
- Post the correct keys combo in the comments of this article.
- This is limited to one Gamer's Cartridge, for one lucky Pseudo Saturn Kai user.
- Don't forget to indicate an email address where you can be contacted !
This is necessary for offering the reward.
- Choice of the Gamer's Cartridge shell color etc is at my own discretion.
- Application will end in December 31st, 2019 : if nobody find the key combo until that time, I shall re-use this Gamer's Cartridge for similar kind of games with my Saturn projects.

answer here : Pseudo Saturn Kai v6.314 : Easter Egg ! - PPCenter :: devblog

Back