PSM -- Sony Fanboy Mag Extraordinaire

racketboy

Established Member
I have a number of free magazine subscriptions -- some that I hardly read.

One of them is PSM: "The 100% Independant Playstation 2 Magazine" ( :huh: )

Anyway, usually it an extremely boring read cause it usually covers some very ho-hum titles (actually this month had a few interesting titles) but I couldn't help but laugh when I read the editors page. The magazine is usually loaded with fanboy statements, but this stood out to me.

Attachments

• psxfanboy.gif
    psxfanboy.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 52
  • psxfanboy.gif
    psxfanboy.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 53
I guess they figure nobody but other Sony fanboys will read their mag.

Instead we can mock them publicly 😀

First time I have ever read anything from a PoS2 mag. Even worse than I expected too. You should stick this over at gamefaqs and upset the ps2 fanboys :devil

So I'm sitting at my desk, talking to the guys about games as usual

My first thought was, "what a bunch of dorks"

then, "wait a minute... isn't that what we do here?" :lol:

Originally posted by Nadius@Oct 24, 2003 @ 10:03 PM

Yes but we don't get paid for it.

Originally posted by ratfish+Oct 25, 2003 @ 05:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ratfish @ Oct 25, 2003 @ 05:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nadius@Oct 24, 2003 @ 10:03 PM

Yes but we don't get paid for it. [/b][/quote]

well.... um..... considering I frequent the board here at work a lot....

of course, I'm programming intesively at the same time so...

When I think about it, it seems that this whole internet message board thing has changed me... I don't think i'd talk about games in person; if we were all to meet and party or something, i doubt i'd talk about games. I'd find joe and we'd go pick up on some chicks. Maybe it's because I'm older than I used to be. In all seriousness, work related or not, I doubt you want to hear about how I almost beat the Eternal Champion, in person.

"I was this freakin close..."

Oh and sorry to get off topic.

Originally posted by Nadius@Oct 25, 2003 @ 05:19 AM

When I think about it, it seems that this whole internet message board thing has changed me... I don't think i'd talk about games in person; if we were all to meet and party or something, i doubt i'd talk about games. I'd find joe and we'd go pick up on some chicks. Maybe it's because I'm older than I used to be. In all seriousness, work related or not, I doubt you want to hear about how I almost beat the Eternal Champion, in person.

I'd have to agree with ya.

I just love reading about and writing comments on the industry.

But the great thing about this board is we talk about a lot more than just games.

It's just kind of a place to hang out.

I wish we could just have a party sometime.

We'd all have to wear tshirts with are avitars on them though so we knew who is who 😀

don't even start ok...

This has nothing to do with Sony itself.

We just like making fun of fanboys.

And no, I'm not a fanboy. I try to keep an open mind.

I may not like $ony, but I love PSM. Sure, it became a fanboy magazine (it wasn't before... well.. to me anyway), but it's funny as hell, which is why I read it. Many of the guys were PSO and NFL 2K addicts (until Madden 2001 hit PoS2, although I wouldn't be surprised if they played 2K1 online at all 😛 ). It's a great magazine. Now, if you want a fanboy magazine, read Offical PlayStation Magazine. Not a bad mag, but it just screams fanboy.

Originally posted by Nadius@Oct 24, 2003 @ 10:19 PM

Heh, I don't know if that's such a good idea. All of us in a room together, I dunno, just seems a little weird. I'd have to skip it. Besides, I'd either be wearing a blank grey T-shirt, or one with my own face on it (that would be scary).

Originally posted by Nadius+Oct 25, 2003 @ 05:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nadius @ Oct 25, 2003 @ 05:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> I don't think i'd talk about games in person; if we were all to meet and party or something, i doubt i'd talk about games. I'd find joe and we'd go pick up on some chicks. [/b]

I agree with you there, message boards are completely different then talking in real life. If I talked to people about games & consoles like I do here I'd have to kick my own ass :lol:

One thing about your statement though.... if it was just a party with SXers, what chicks would you be trying to pick up? Unless you're fooled by Mal in a dress :blink:

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct 24, 2003 @ 06:31 AM

But the great thing about this board is we talk about a lot more than just games.

It's just kind of a place to hang out.

I wish we could just have a party sometime.

We'd all have to wear tshirts with are avitars on them though so we knew who is who 😀

I agree the boards are great to hang out and discuss whatever, but in person things would get awkward and weird quick.We'd have to take refuge in playing games to avoid some horrible conversation taking place. And I'm sure a few fights would break out, most likely resulting in cloud laying on the floor moaning 'but macs are better' as he gets pounded into unconciousness 😀

Owning you guys at classic death tank & bomberman would be fun though.

<!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW
@Oct 24, 2003 @ 07:09 AM

I am personally sick of Sony haters.[/quote]

Sheesh, he posted a funny article and you get defensive... lighten up a bit. I am personally sick of uber cool italic writing and use of diffent colors 😛 . If this was an Xbox/GC/DC article I highly doubt you would have even responded, so question yourself who the real fanboy is :huh:

As for the article itself, I find it funny as a console oriented magazine is pretty much stating that no great games are coming out for the next while but its putting a positive spin on that. Isn't it ironic that people buy these magazines to look into whats ahead but the editor article in this case is telling them "appreciate what you have, nothing good is coming out soon"

And no Des-Row, its not funny cause its a psm, I'd laugh if it was an OXM or Nintendo power too.So simmer down now. Your obsession with defending sony from alledged antisonyisms probes too far at times <_<

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@Oct 25, 2003 @ 04:08 PM

One thing about your statement though.... if it was just a party with SXers, what chicks would you be trying to pick up? Unless you're fooled by Mal in a dress :blink:

"Trying to pick up", that was very well stated, you would "potentially" be able to try to pick me up, but like you just stated, you would just get to "try", haha ^_^

Sheesh, he posted a funny article and you get defensive... lighten up a bit. I am personally sick of uber cool italic writing and use of diffent colors 😛 .

I apologize, my mistake, I was in pretty bad mood when I was reading this thread, so I posted accordingly, again, I am sorry.

If you are sick of "uber cool italic writting and use of different colors", then just don't read my posts, that should make things easier, because you wouldn't even get to asking me to change my way of writting. Still, I find your statement as a cheap excuse to "insult" me in a certain way.

If this was an Xbox/GC/DC article I highly doubt you would have even responded, so question yourself who the real fanboy is :huh:

You do? Haha, I find that pretty interesting, considering that you barely know me at all, you do not even know which consoles I like and which I dislike, etc. I am not a fangirl at all, I just hate when people gang up and start insulting and bashing a certain company/system for no reason at all. Fanboyism and obsessive hating are equally idiotic.

Oh, and, as a side note, let me add that I currently own a Nintendo GameCube, a Microsoft Xbox and a Sega Dreamcast as well, not only a Sony PlayStation2.

(And several other systems which I will not mention)

So, Ammut... shut up a bit, ok ok? ^.^

Yeah, I gotta agree. I'm really not trying to flame or anything, but the whole bold/italic thing makes me feel like I'm sitting in a lecture or reading and advertisement or something. No disrespect intended, it's just one of those little pet peeves, like people using HTML in e-mails and so on.

I also don't want to start a flame... but the first posts you made, I though you were only testing things up or something.. not that you would always write like that...

I don't have anything against it... but why do you want to be different from everybody else?

Back