PSOne Component Cable

Well, I'm about to finish Tales of Symphonia and I'm looking to be yet another massive console RPG. So I'm going to finally slug through Final Fantasy VII. I never got around to playing through the masterpiece, so now I think I'm gonna do it right. I have a PSOne (the teeny one) with the masterful superb RGB mini monitor, but I want to play it on my 22 inch Samsung. The Samsung has a Component input, S-Video, and Composite. (Look, I don't know much about TVs so if I chose a crap TV, just lay off. It's good enough for a college student....)

Anyway, I was wondering if they made a Component cable for the PSOne. Can you use the PS2 component cable in the PSOne? Since my S-Video connection is busted (another thread) I'd like to be able to use my Component input for to play this Masterpiece. Thanks!

The RGB and component signals use the same pins on the connector (and I don't think the PS2 can even tell the cables apart like DC and Xbox can; there's a manual RGB/Component setting in the BIOS menu), so you won't get a component signal out of a PSOne by plugging in a PS2 component cable, you'll just get RGB on RCA connectors. As far as I know, the PSX/PSOne hardware is not capable of generating a component signal.

Back