PSP...its out in Japan... and look whats on ebay

That's completel bullshit.. I just sent him a pretty scathing question and I'm going to send a question to the top bidder and let him know he's getting reamed in the ass.

This guy was careful on how he worded his auction, so I don't know if he's broken the rules. But either way man, this is bullshit, it's people like him/her that ruin it for the rest of us.

Exactly... this is complete crap.. wtf.. and the price this auction has reached is pathetic... and unexcusable.. this poor bidder is being bamboosled.

I know.. I reported the auction, I doubt if it'll do any good though.

And I sent 2 of the bidders a note informing them that they were being scammed and to go to lik-sang(or any other site selling imports) or a local import gaming store to get a PSP.

cool man, good work... I emailed the two bidders as well to warn them. probably won't do any good. and the sad thing is there are a bunch of similar auctions out there.. its sad.

I usually don't look for systems on ebay unless they're production run has ended so I really have no clue as to how widespread this problem is. Either way.. Karma's a bitch.

Originally posted by Mr. Moustache@Mon, 2004-12-13 @ 12:17 PM

I usually don't look for systems on ebay unless they're production run has ended so I really have no clue as to how widespread this problem is. Either way.. Karma's a bitch.

[post=125856]Quoted post[/post]​

It doesn't happen only with systems. My g/f's brother almost paid a ton of money for information on how to buy a paintball gun he wanted cheap. I've almost been caught a few times myself on assorted items. But I read everything over multiple times.

I think the first time I heard of this nonsense was when someone, back when they first hit the shelves, bought a PS2 box for an insane price. They didn't read the auction carefully and were shipped an empty PS2 box. It made news and eBay stepped in and the dude got his money back (I think). So if I remember that situation correctly, this kind of thing is against eBay policy.

I used to report people all the time on eBay and Yahoo! Auctions for selling copies of games. It was especially bad at Yahoo because it used to be free to post auctions. If I could, I'd take it as my job to search through new auctions and take down these kinds of things.

edit: heh. Look at his feedback. Yeah, that's not suspicious at all... :sarcasm:

Third, actually. I believe the second was the first guy to sell a picture of a console rather than the console itself.

At least it looks like they caught him. The seller is no longer a registered user. Right before this happened all his auctions but two were deleted. The two that remained were advertised directly as information for a cheap PSP (not all sneaky like this one) and were at buy-it-now prices of ~$25. It looks like he got the hammer, tried it a different way, then was totally booted.

Of course it couldn't have anything to do with our collective reporting of him to eBay... :D

Slashdot.org Tuesday December 14, 1:08 PM

"GamesAreFun.com is reporting that several defective PSP units have been shipped, suffering from problems such as dead pixels, broken UMD drives, air bubbles in the screens, dust in the screens, and the analog "nubs" not working, or actually falling off. They also have a video of a UMD popping out of the PSP as it's running, due to the unit being twisted/turned. I wonder how long it will be until Sony issues an official statement about this?"

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4010

http://www.gamesarefun.com/consoles/psp/pspdefect1.mov

Better video of it:

UMD Pop Out- http://www.yuko2ch.net/psp/psp_vs_nds.avi

That second video is hilarious! :lol:

A gif.

killer.gif

Who wants to bet the solution to this problem is that Sony will send all who request it a tiny plastic clippy thing? How could this NOT come up in any kind of testing?

It's not a problem, it's a feature. Who wouldn't want the capability to shoot spinning high velocity discs? After playing Tribes, I don't know how I ever got through a single day without it!

Damn straight. It's a fully interactive toy. You and your friends can get together chasing and shooting your PSP at each other.

Indeed, you could compress a Tron rip into MPEG-4 Layer 10 and put it on a memory stick. Then all you need is UMDs for ammo.

Hmm, that sounds like it'd make an even more comical Doom mod than the AOL Doom where you shoot AOL floppy discs. "Goodbye!"

Back