PSX Audio Tracks mods

I love playing GT / GT2 from scratch once in a while ( say 2 - 3 times a year i will get bored and throw the CD in and get hooked on it again )

I want to put some of my favorite driving songs on the CD .... can i go that like i can on the SAT and SegaCD ?

a question I've always been afraid to ask.

the answer, depends on your preferences.

you can play the music and record it into WAV files, which can then be burnt to a CD

or, you can check out the new PSF format, which currently is limited, but it's still early. PSF is the PSX version of a Genesis GYM file, a SNES SPC, and a NES NSF file. basically a PSX music rip.

here:

http://www.zophar.net/psf/

I should note, that GT hasn't yet been ripped. it is very difficult to rip PSX games, as they do have Megabytes of code to go through.

or, if you don't mind the quality loss, chances are, you can find the MP3 on Kazaa.

Link Hylia, I think the question was, "how do I replace the godawful music in the games with my own?" The simplest answer is, "go to the options screen and turn off the music, then go turn on your stereo."

Originally posted by antime@Feb. 02 2003, 2:40 am

Link Hylia, I think the question was, "how do I replace the godawful music in the games with my own?" The simplest answer is, "go to the options screen and turn off the music, then go turn on your stereo."

You are sure that it can't be done like on the Saturn and SegaCD ?

Are the PSX CDs non multi session ?

Bump ...

Sure it can be done (don't ask me how), but simply turning the music off is so much simpler you'd be crazy to do it the hard way. As a bonus, you can then change the music as often as you like.

now why didn't I think of that?

probably as it has been 3 months at least before I even played GT. and, imo, it wasn't repetitive, and it was far too soft, and low volume, that it never got in the way. heck, i hardly noticed it.

yep. you'd think one would check the options screen first.

Still, though, I'd like to see one rip the music for it.

I have turened off the music from options menu, but that is still not as cool as makin your own audio trackss for a brned game.

I always impressed my friends with Saturn and SegaCD games, specialy if the game is a shooter or high pace game and you throw a nce high eneergy track on it.

Or when you have a RPG and throw some of the mintest trance muusic ....

Please, any one can turn the Music FX down and the Sound FX on .... but what is the colness factor in that ?

well, prolly the music is either in .XA format (which can be changed but is *very* hard) or just standard audio tracks, like in Wipeout and Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX. I don't know about GT2, but if it's just CDDA audio it's pretty easy I suppose.

GT1 stores it in a file on the CD. no audio tracks.

so, simple solution, is to mix the CD audio from your stereo, with the sound effects in the game.

well, you can try copying this file to your HD, giving it the .wav extension and playing it... worked for Wipeout, or if you have goldwave (which I recommend) you can try to open it as raw file (44.1khz PCM 16-bit stereo OR 37.8khz ADPCM) to get an idea about it's structure

Back