Question about CAPCOM GENERATIONS 3

Hi,

I have a modded PAL Saturn model 2.I have burned (with the same method,same program etc,etc..) several backups and all works perfectly.The only one that doesn't work (and I'm not able to make it working..)is CAPCOM GENERATIONS 3.I thought it was a corrupted archive so I downloaded another different archive but the result is the same,the game locks up at CAPCOM logo (at the same time the cd drive make a strange noise).Does somebody have the same problem with this game?Could somebody help me?

I repeat,ALL the other burned Saturn backups work perfectly.

Thanks in advance

Have you checked the region? Use Satconv to check/change the region. The Link I posted was to the Win32 version. They have Linux/DOS in the Help & Faq section.

Let us know if this worked...

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Sat, 2005-01-01 @ 03:34 PM

Have you checked the region? Use Satconv to check/change the region. The Link I posted was to the Win32 version. They have Linux/DOS in the Help & Faq section.

Let us know if this worked...

[post=126855]Quoted post[/post]​

Sure I convert the region,the game boots regularly but ,I say and repeat, it locks up at the CAPCOM logo..It's strange,all other backups work regularly

Maybe it requires RAM expansion?

Probably a bad rip. Capcom generation 3 does not use the ram cart. Normally you would get an error message in japanese in blue if the game requires the ram cart.

Originally posted by slinga@Sat, 2005-01-01 @ 04:17 PM

Probably a bad rip. Capcom generation 3 does not use the ram cart. Normally you would get an error message in japanese in blue if the game requires the ram cart.

[post=126859]Quoted post[/post]​

But I have tried two different archive (ISO+MP3).How do you explain it?

possably came from the same source? I have downloaded a coupel of games 2x from different places that have both been bad rips.

maybe its just not compatible with satconv or it needs to be run in 60hz mode. I had the same sort of problem with lunar for mega cd (i even bought the american ver and ripped it myself)

Originally posted by nights000@Sun, 2005-01-02 @ 03:55 PM

maybe its just not compatible with satconv or it needs to be run in 60hz mode.

[post=126875]Quoted post[/post]​

If that were the case I think that the worst that's going to happen would be some graphical issues rather than the game freezing.

Originally posted by mal@Sun, 2005-01-02 @ 01:44 AM

If that were the case I think that the worst that's going to happen would be some graphical issues rather than the game freezing.

[post=126881]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes,but I tryed this game with Cassini emulator and it works (though it have missing backgrounds but this is an emulator bug..)What strange..

Two bad burns ,one after other,nahhh..INMHO this problem is related to the chip mod or to the region patch (like the graphical glitches in Soukyugurentai..)

Originally posted by mal@Sun, 2005-01-02 @ 02:44 PM

[post=126881]Quoted post[/post]​

I dunno bought that... the PAL version of the Sonic 3D special stage full-on crashes when in 60Hz mode.

Back