Question regarding sega mega cd converter

Hy,

I tried the smcd converter downloaded @ segaXtreme. I have the JAP Version (also the converter detected it as US but I changed it into JAP in the selection DOS-screen) of the game "Captain Tsubasa" and want to change it into EUR. Before doing that (JAP) my Sega Mega CD only showed me Music-Tracks after pressing Start in the menu. After changing it (EUR) I pressed start again but this time I saw the Sega TM Logo with Sonic next to it. After that Logo (normally) the game starts but this time it just showed a black sceen and than I was back again in the Sega Mega CD menue. I converting it again into US and the same happened.

Any suggestions ?

please let us know what games you are trying to convert.

the converter program is far from perfect and doesn't work with some games.

welcome to SegaXtreme, BTW :)

Thanks, like I said, I only tried Captain Tsubasa but I lost 5 CD-R by trying to burn that game so I can definetly say: IT DOESN`T WORK :banana

ok -- sorry -- I read the title of your game in your first post, but it slipped my mind :damn:

Anyway, I believe there is a compatibility list out there for the program.

Maybe we can try to update it (?)

Are you using convscd or scdconv? For some reason all conversion to EUR are borked at the moment. The converted images will boot fine in an emulator, but not on the real hardware. Since I don't have a European console to test with, it will be difficult for me to fix.

well an emulator will play most anything anyways (including improperly burned Lunar), so it's kinda hard to test without the real thing.

Hy,

yes, I have a PAL or European Sega Mega CD. I tested 3 games now and none of it worked. The last thing I am able to see is the Sega Logo with Sonic and than it reboots.

Originally posted by Akomander@Jul 28, 2004 @ 04:52 AM

I´m with racketboy, we should try to update the list... :)

Nothing's stopping you. Go for it. :thumbs-up:

Let me help by adding some new additions to the SCDCONV list.

Ninja Warriors (j) Jap-->USA Yes

Night Striker (j) Jap-->USA Yes

Now I can play these games on my Genesis CDX system! :D

update,

done using SCDConv 2.5, Sega CD with Bios 1.10

Lethal Enforcers PAL -> US = No

Time Gal PAL -> US = YES

Cobra Command PAL -> US = Yes

Prince of Persia PAL -> US = No

Sol Feace PAL -> US = Yes

Road Avenger PAL -> US = Yes

Edit...

here is a more updated list (can't remeber where i got it from though)

Edit...

File comes from Zophar's Domain

Attachments

• scdcc250.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 143
  • scdcc250.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 153
Converted with SCDCONV 2.50

Snatchers PAL -> US = Yes (Sound is a little out of sync)

Devastator (Jap) -> US = No

note: to avoid sync problems with the PAL version of Snatcher on a US system, you could just use an iso from the US version with the sound tracks from the PAL version. The only difference between the PAL and US version (afaik) is that at the end of the game Metal Gear says 'Mega CD' instead of 'Sega CD' when referring to his new body. :p

Road Avenger PAL -> US = Yes

Silpheed PAL -> US = No

Thunder Hawk PAL -> US = No

side note,

Princee of Persia (PAL) boots further under Scdconv 1.05 than 2.5

New addition to the SCDCONV list.

Illusion City (J) --> USA Yes (on Gens 2.11)

This doesn't play on a Genesis CDX system. A mesage in Japanese about RAM pops up and the game freezes.

It might work on the Sega CD 1 and 2 since they use a different bios.

Note: all my iso files are made from my original MEGA CD games.

Convscd works better (in theory) than Scdconv in Japanese to American conversions (but it has a bug and it is bad in American to European and Japanese to European).

I tried Scdconv with Keio´s Flying Squadron(U) to get an European version but it doesn´t work and according to the compatibility list it is possible.

Back