Radar Detectors....

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jul 26, 2003 @ 11:47 PM

Usually if a ricer pulls up to me I ignore them, there mostly all just stupid teenagers who will soon get into an accident driving wrecklessly. So drive safe folks.

You god damned racist :angry:

Originally posted by gamefoo21@Jul 27, 2003 @ 04:02 AM

radar detectors are legal in alberta but most places nowa days set up radar detector detectors so you can get in a shit load of trouble if they catch you.

Radar detector detectors? What are those?

They detect teh emissions from radar detectors. Really only used places that they are illegal. Supposedly the valentine1 isn't detected by the vg2 (the most common one) but there is atleast 1 new one out there that can pick it up. Sounds like most others are easily detected by the vg2 though. If you want a radar detector the valentine1 sounds like the best bet... but with a $399 price tag it's a bit pricey.

I've got to agree with Gallstaff for once.

Just don't speed.

And Jaded, surely if the cops are that corrupt a radar detector won't help. They'll just book you for speeding anyway.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jul 26, 2003 @ 10:47 PM

Speeding is for the track. No matter what kind of car you have you can race it at the track. I have seen people in stock SUV's go the quarter mile, it's hilarious but for the people driving the quarter mile strip they are having the time of thier life.

Usually if a ricer pulls up to me I ignore them, there mostly all just stupid teenagers who will soon get into an accident driving wrecklessly. So drive safe folks.

:smokin:

Ice, I agree with you on the stupid teenager driving wrecklessly bit :D :smokin: :cheers

But, you know how big of a Honda (well... mostly Japanese cars in general, but Honda is my preferred) guy I am. I just KNEW you were gonna poke fun at it with the "ricer" bit sooner or later ;) . I love Honda's, but I hate it how everyone has to put a damn park bench on the back, put that stupid letter crap on the top of the windshield, throw in 20 subwoofers, that'll eventually wreck the car. My step-bro did something like that. The subwoofer cracked his trunk, and when it rained, it got completely full of water! Heh...

Ha I think Honda is a good car but seriously it's fine the way it is. It's not meant to be modified to make it cool because you know it's a honda it's as cool as it's gonna get anything you do to it to try push it over it's suggested coolness will just backfire on you.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jul 27, 2003 @ 01:56 PM

Ha I think Honda is a good car but seriously it's fine the way it is. It's not meant to be modified to make it cool because you know it's a honda it's as cool as it's gonna get anything you do to it to try push it over it's suggested coolness will just backfire on you.

You damn right! :agree :D

To Gallstaff: :cheers

You know, teenagers may drive scary... but have you ever worked in or around a retirement community? Now that's some scary driving.

Originally posted by mal@Jul 27, 2003 @ 11:58 AM

I've got to agree with Gallstaff for once.

Just don't speed.

And Jaded, surely if the cops are that corrupt a radar detector won't help. They'll just book you for speeding anyway.

You are right Mal ;)

Speeding, when not too excessive, is not bad. I usually drive about 10-15mph over the speed limit and have never gotten a ticket, or in a wreck that was my fault (although I have been hit twice by idiots). Speeding over that is wreckless, and usually people driving that fast are weaving in and out of traffic, which makes me mad!!!!

Makes me wanna kill someone! :devil

ehehe ricers... but eh who can afford a tweaked out 400+ cubic inch motor now a days. 440 magnum :drool: it was interesting seeing a charger catwalk. :driving:

Could someone please explain to me the logic in NOT banning radar detectors? Your just giving people an alley to disobey the law without getting caught.

Originally posted by fistedjustice@Jul 27, 2003 @ 10:28 PM

10-15mph

Damn....go 40 in a 25 zone here and say hello to a nice fine and a bump up on the car insurance cost...

maybe you could pull 10 - 15 over on a highway considering all the people speed on them anyways but still i wouldn't risk going 15 over the limit with a police officer close behind....maybe i just live in a speed trap

10 over the limit is the max you can go over here although just about everybody goes over unfortunatly.

Back