Radar Detectors....

I'm in Canada so they're illeagal...but I'm interested in getting one anyways...does anyone in the US have any reccomendations or can tell me anything about them? Do they work well?

they work - but they also start to beep when you get close to microwave towers and other non (cop car speed trap) police things

i think sometimes they put crap all around so that people with those things would keep getting false alarms -- for example a bunch of my frinds and i took a road trip to atlantic city (in the us) and almost every mile on the highway (that went strait there ) - there was something that triggerd it off so basicaly it was useless

so it works but not all the time also it wont detect a lazer -- and the ones that also have a lazer detector - require you to be in the lazers feild of vision so you will more likely get peged no mater what

See, there are these things called "Laws" and it's generally a good idea to follow them.

And if you break a few here and there... how far will it go? When will it be enough? Will just 'speeding' and using a detector to help with that be enough?

Pretty soon, will you start running red lights too? That'll really help you get where you're going real fast. :) Before that you can also ignore stop signs - oh, and don't forget to ignore the "DING DING DING" at the railroad tracks... those can take such a long time to stop at.

K listen...I'm gonna be using it no just to rip it on main roads. (Which is stupid). Its gonna be used to break other laws. LOL!

Joe...I'm in toronto which...(when not doing the limit) is about 1 hour 15 minutes from Niagara Falls.

Everybody drives faster than the speeding limits. You only see them driving within the law when there is a police car around. Haven't you noticed how most ppl don't try to pass the police car in the road? It's funny, but it's the truth.

Originally posted by Lyzel@Jul 26, 2003 @ 11:58 PM

Everybody drives faster than the speeding limits. You only see them driving within the law when there is a police car around. Haven't you noticed how most ppl don't try to pass the police car in the road? It's funny, but it's the truth.

I pass them, only at 2-3 mph faster than them. They haven't stopped me yet.

BTW, this is when they are going the speed limit on the highway, not when they are going well over the speed limit themselves.

radar detectors are legal in alberta but most places nowa days set up radar detector detectors so you can get in a shit load of trouble if they catch you.

Originally posted by crystalmethod@Jul 26, 2003 @ 05:55 PM

K listen...I'm gonna be using it no just to rip it on main roads. (Which is stupid). Its gonna be used to break other laws. LOL!

No, I was saying such a pathetic 'need for speed' can lead to breaking a slew of other traffic laws, all of which make sense. A radar detector isn't going to tell you to keep going when a train is coming. :\

Having a radar is a must where I live.. If your a teenager they will screw you beyond belief...

Our damn cops are so corrupt that after they search your car at night, and if they find nothing... They will then either a.) charge you for having something hanging from your rear view mirror, or b.) plant something and say they found it.

Yes it has happened to me and a lot of people I know.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 27, 2003 @ 03:56 AM

Having a radar is a must where I live.. If your a teenager they will screw you beyond belief...

Our damn cops are so corrupt that after they search your car at night, and if they find nothing... They will then either a.) charge you for having something hanging from your rear view mirror, or b.) plant something and say they found it.

Yes it has happened to me and a lot of people I know.

:agree

You live in Bristol, CT too?

Speeding is for the track. No matter what kind of car you have you can race it at the track. I have seen people in stock SUV's go the quarter mile, it's hilarious but for the people driving the quarter mile strip they are having the time of thier life.

Usually if a ricer pulls up to me I ignore them, there mostly all just stupid teenagers who will soon get into an accident driving wrecklessly. So drive safe folks.

:smokin:

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jul 26, 2003 @ 11:47 PM

Speeding is for the track. No matter what kind of car you have you can race it at the track. I have seen people in stock SUV's go the quarter mile, it's hilarious but for the people driving the quarter mile strip they are having the time of thier life.

Usually if a ricer pulls up to me I ignore them, there mostly all just stupid teenagers who will soon get into an accident driving wrecklessly. So drive safe folks.

:smokin:

This from the guy who wraped his car around a telephone pole for going too fast.... :rolleyes:

Back