Radiant Silvergun

I was stoked about your posts! I want to download.

In the past, I have used CoffeeCup FTP because of its claim to allow downloads to be picked up from where one left off. However, I was not very successful in finding FTPs to support this feature.

Of course, the first (and only) game I tried to download was Radiant Silvergun because it was the game of the week on this board at the time. After I got the whole file and tried to unpack it, I got a "corrupt file" message from Win RAR.

I assumed this was because the interrupted download missed a bit or something. I never tried again.

Any suggestions for programs, methods, or sites I should look into to pursue my dream of living like a pro (like you guys)?

"Corrupt file" could also mean you don't have the latest version of Winrar - newer versions are *not* backwards compatable. Resuming is the realm of the server, not the client. If the server doesn't support it, there is nothing you can do. Frankly, there is no reason for someone to use a FTPD that doesn't support it.

Curtis, surely what you meant to say was: Archives created with newer versions are not backward-compatible...

i downloaded Win RAR after I finished the game download. I assumed I was getting the latest version. Can anyone tell me what is the latest version? Also, is there anyway for me to tell what version was used in making the file before unpacking it?

oh...

guess I could have done that myself... um...

sorry
unsure.gif

Originally posted by jeff-20@Feb 22, 2003 @ 05:06 PM

i downloaded Win RAR after I finished the game download. I assumed I was getting the latest version. Can anyone tell me what is the latest version? Also, is there anyway for me to tell what version was used in making the file before unpacking it?

A better question would be "What version do I need to be able to extract the RAR archive I have?". To answer that, take a look at the picture below. Although I've used WinRAR 3.0 to create that archive, it's telling me I need at least version 2.9 to extract the archive.

rar_version_to_extract.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb 22, 2003 @ 04:23 PM

Curtis, surely what you meant to say was: Archives created with newer versions are not backward-compatible...

Taelon, surely what you meant to say was: Archives created with newer versions are not backward-compatible... below the "Version to extract" as indicated by the archive info.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by jeff-20@Feb 23, 2003 @ 04:32 PM

oh...

guess I could have done that myself... um...

sorry
unsure.gif

Don't worry about it.

For once I was on a fast computer with broadband
ohmy.gif
and it took no time at all.
biggrin.gif

Back