Re-Volt

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
:driving:

Your dream racer is here.

With 128 bit graphics, realistic R/C physics, great weapons, and awesome environments, RE-VOLT is your dream racer. Maraud in museums! Rip up the new rooftop level! Trash toy stores! Blast through botanical gardens! Smash up supermarkets! And blaze a trail through the Wild West! At 300 scale MPH your miniature size arsenal delivers full size damage!
  • Blast through traffic with bottle rockets, water balloons, and the "shockwave".
  • True R/C Physics! Objects and surfaces effect the action just like real life!
  • Race on rooftops with new monster trucks or create your own track with the updated TRACK EDITOR.
  • Four Player racing madness! Stunt Track, Battle Tag and four different racing modes!
My favorite power-up is the electric pulse. It's a great way to taunt your opponents if they come near you. ^^; The global pulse is said to be the best power-up because it shuts off the power to all vehicles on the track, but the chance of getting it is very low.

Originally posted by Flakvin@Jun 29, 2004 @ 03:22 AM

Top game.. fun to play with 4 other players.

But it looks a whole lot nicer on the PC :D

Yes, it definitely looks MUCH better on the PC.

Anyway, it's a good game, if not a bit difficult to control your car. I've found myself getting pissed at the controls for too many times. :damn:

I don't see any innovative power-ups, just the same old stuff. The track editor is a nice touch.

Revolt is one of my top party games.

It's easy for new players and battle tag is great when you need something other than plain racing

Also, does anyone else think the stunt course is pretty hard?

Originally posted by WARLORD+Jun 29, 2004 @ 01:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WARLORD @ Jun 29, 2004 @ 01:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Flakvin@Jun 29, 2004 @ 04:22 AM

But it looks a whole lot nicer on the PC :D

Yes, it definitely looks MUCH better on the PC.[/b]

Yes, especially if you have a 21 inch flat display Trinitron monitor and a Radeon 9800 Pro or better video card. :D

Originally posted by WARLORD@Jun 29, 2004 @ 01:07 PM

Anyway, it's a good game, if not a bit difficult to control your car. I've found myself getting pissed at the controls for too many times. :damn:

At first, the controls seem a bit slippery. But after some practice, I got the hang of it and eventually moved on to faster cars. :)

On the PC version, I use my trusty 6 button layout MS Sidewinder controller. Since the standard DC controller's layout is similar to the Sidewinder's layout, I had no problems adjusting. :)

Originally posted by WARLORD@Jun 29, 2004 @ 01:07 PM

I don't see any innovative power-ups, just the same old stuff. The track editor is a nice touch.

I thought that the BOMB power-up was a bit silly as I find that it hinders you more than it helps you. :p

<!--QuoteBegin-racketboy
@Jun 29, 2004 @ 01:24 PM

Also, does anyone else think the stunt course is pretty hard? [/quote]

I think a lot depends on what car you use. ;)

What kind of video card is needed for the PC version when running with a P4 2.4GHz? I assume it supports 4 player, or is it LAN only?

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 29, 2004 @ 01:29 PM

What kind of video card is needed for the PC version when running with a P4 2.4GHz? I assume it supports 4 player, or is it LAN only?

The game doesn't need a very good gfx card, really. You can EASILY run it on a 900mhz CPU and a 32MB TNT2 card. So, as you can see i'm sure you will be able to play it.

I get 60fps in full details on a 900mhz and a 64MB GeForce MX440 card. :cool:

Yeah, the PC version runs fine on my old PC (PII 400MHz and 16MB Diamond Monster Fusion AGP [either Voodoo 1 or 2 chipset, I forget] video card) as well. However, I'd have to set the resolution to 640x480 and wait like 5-6 seconds to load for each new track.

As for the number of players, the PC version supports up to 8 players according to GameFAQs. However, unlike the DC version which supports up to 4 players in split screen mode because the DC has 4 controller ports, I believe you can only have one player per PC for the PC version. Therefore, multi player for the PC version most likely means LAN only.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Jun 29, 2004 @ 10:58 AM

Yeah, the PC version runs fine on my old PC (PII 400MHz and 16MB Diamond Monster Fusion AGP [either Voodoo 1 or 2 chipset, I forget] video card) as well.

Not a Voodoo 1 or 2. Neither were made with 16Mb of memory. It was probably a Banshee. ;)

Back