Recover lost data

schi0249

Mid Boss
Recently I lost some data on my Windows XP machine. One of the profiles wasn't working so I deleted it. I clicked the option to save the documents to my desktop; but it didn't. Does anyone have suggestions for programs to retreve lost data? Preferably freeware or trial version. Any help guys??

I have used GetDataBack successfully in the past, however that program, and most programs like it, are generally used for recovering files from corrupted filesystems, and it's not free. From your statement I can't understand exactly what the problem is... when you say 'profile' do you mean a hardware profile, a user, or what? If the files were deleted you probably want an undelete tool, of which there are several (look around, I'm sure you can find a free one somewhere), however, keep in mind that some of your files are probably already gone beyond recovery. Also, make sure you use a tool that works with your filesystem (NTFS or FAT32).

I'm refering to a user profile in Windows XP. That user wasn't able to log in, but all others worked fine. So I ended up deleting it. In XP when you delete a profile, your given the option of saving the "My Documents" in a folder. I selected that option, but it didn't save them. I have found a couple different programs. I was just curious if anyone here has experience and what program they recommend.

Back