redspotgames.com a legit store?

I bought Sturmwind on their website, paid through payal. Waited 30 days and it never showed up. Never got a shipping notice or anything. So I tried to contact them. Their contact e-mail just returns an auto-reply that says "we no longer accept support over e-mail".

So I used the contact form on the website. That just results in the same bounceback e-mail.

So they have a support ticket form on the website. So I fill out a support ticket, asking if they have any tracking or shipping confirmation on my order#. No response. A week later I update the support ticket to ask for help. No response.

I tried calling the (germany) phone number on the website, not connected. I looked up the business info in paypal and called their paypal contact phone#, and got a full-voicemail error. Another week later I update the support ticket again asking for a response, or I'll have no choice but to file a chargeback.

So basically impossible to contact them at all or get any support. So I filed a paypal claim at the last possible minute. A week goes by and then someone from redspot games finally responds to the paypal claim with a form response "we're sorry, we would like to send you another copy of the item, or if you want a refund".

I looked at their website now, and now Sturmwind is listed as out of stock. So I respond through paypal "how would you send me another when it's out of stock now? I think it's best to just get a refund. And I'd also like to know why you never responded to my support ticket on your website". Another week goes by and no response. So I escalate the claim. Paypal waits a week for redspot games to respond to the escalated claim, and they never do, so finally about about 2 months paypal refunds my money.

Looking into things, it seems redspotgames is "the" entity that publishes and distributes these new games for old systems,. They're a big name party in the DC scene. I'm just so surprised to get such horrible support and complete lack of contact from them.

It sounds like they're not properly set up as a business. It could be a backyard operation. I would see if you can get a reasonable price for these on Ebay or Amazon.

Back