REminiscence - Flashback for Sega Saturn

Here is another release for all you die-hard Saturn fans :)

This is a port of REminiscence by cyx, an engine to play Flashback (see Mobygames) by Delphine software.

The engine requires you to have the datafiles from the pc version of the game.

You can grab binaries and sources here.

Some notes taken from the readme:

Code:
FEATURES OF THE PORT:

* Controls via normal Saturn pad:

- CROSS: movement

- START: enter function/use inventory item

- A:     run/jump/action

- B:	 extract/holster gun

- X:	 inventory

- Z:	 escape/in-game menu

* Saving/Loading on internal saturn memory (savegames are compressed to 

to take up less space)

* Added Saturn specific entries to in-game menu (free blocks, sram clean,

mute/enable speech)

* Sound is mixed on the slave SH cpu to speed up the game (afaik it has

same speed AS the PC version).

* Game uses a level selector instead of a password based system.

* Read-ahead caching to speedup loading from cd

* Modified some code to avoid caching too much game data into ram, this

way the game can be played on an unexpanded Sega Saturn.

For other informations, refer to the readme files included in the archive.

Enjoy!

Hkz

I finally got the time to test it on my Saturn yesterday, and the only thing I can say is : WOW !

You made a hell of a job on this port, congratulations :rock:

Now I have to test it on my latest Saturnin build to see how it behaves ;)

I'm slowly going through the pile of stuff I have to do, so I tried to test the iso with Saturnin 0.40 : it works surprisingly well, albeit a bit slow.

Some screenshots :

040_flashback_1.png
040_flashback_3.png

040_flashback_4.png
040_flashback_6.png

smile.gif

Hey guys!
I would like to play it in my Saturn again, but I've lost my cd and the binaries files... and I can't find the source to generate a new ISO nowhere...
Someone still have the binaries?
Thank you!

It should be noted that the port is now 12 years old and things like megacd cdda + fmvs + higher res mac backgrounds has been added since then so if someone feels like updating it on Saturn it would be very appreciated!.

@vbt maybe you should post it to the resources section too?
sure, i will , have even all old people source code
It should be noted that the port is now 12 years old and things like megacd cdda + fmvs + higher res mac backgrounds has been added since then so if someone feels like updating it on Saturn it would be very appreciated!.
yes yes, i'd be interrested to do that, it should be easier than macenstein and new fbn driver

Sounds pretty awesome. I have played and finished Flashback (and even Another World) in every single platform or port i could ever find except Macintosh, fantastic game.

Hello, good afternoon and happy year !!!... what happened to the flashback on Saturn what memories come to me when I played the snes version ... do you know how to mount the complete iso and make it work? I downloaded the pc two version and the amiga version but I don't know what to do with the files and where they are placed, could anyone explain how the iso is done well and how to burn it to cd to play? With photos ...it's just that I don't clarify myself with the readme file.

Last edited:
@Mr^Burns would you support/like such version ?

Back