Return Fire Re-Release Tryout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Feb. 02 2003, 10:40 am

I see... but, unfortunately, you'll have to deal with the ftp scene ??? ... as it won't take much longer to be available online...

Then again, I look forward to order you a copy!
smile.gif

I know that i can´t prevent that this game will be available online...but hey, do you want to download 480MB and then have nothing but a game without perfectly made cover, manual, cd print, certificate and to be sure to have one of 1000 copies worldwide? :
wink.gif
:

I personally prefer having the "real" game package...
cool.gif

But you could upload it to any of the available ftp's, as previously stated by someone here in this thread, at least it would be credited to you
smile.gif
, god knows what will happen when this "release" starts traveling online...

Well, on one way or another, I'll get my (un)released copy of Return Fire!

When do you think your site will have the order's info?

ooops, sorry, I thought you said you wouldnt put it up for download because you didnt have the space for it, I was willing to help you out and put it on my web page for everyone to get ....but if you want to make money off of it??? then nevermind.

Originally posted by FAKK2@Feb. 02 2003, 4:42 pm

ooops, sorry, I thought you said you wouldnt put it up for download because you didnt have the space for it, I was willing to help you out and put it on my web page for everyone to get ....but if you want to make money off of it??? then nevermind.

You don´t understand anything!
angry.gif

I will not make money with this re-release - i said it before that i will sell it at cost-price which means that you pay only as much as the covers, manuals, cd prints, packages and sendings costs divided by 1000 copies (approx. 25$ for you guys in america, 20$ for people in Europe and 15$ for people in germany)

That´s all and i will not upload it to any FTP server and i would be very thankful if nobody of you do that after he gets his copy, because i had very much work to get this copy, get it working and making it a one-time happiness for all SEGA Saturn lovers out there who wants original feeling...

Why don't you contact www.gooddealgames.com? They might be willing to sell this game too. Maybe they can even get it running on a saturn without a mod chip. It won't be considered a new release until it can play on an original saturn.

Originally posted by GAMEMASTER@Feb. 02 2003, 5:53 pm

Maybe they can even get it running on a saturn without a mod chip. It won't be considered a new release until it can play on an original saturn.

It can be played on an original saturn because it has no region limitations, all you need to do is the swap trick as it is a CD-R...

Mr. Saturn, when you've got the everything printed and ready to go, put me down for two copies.
biggrin.gif

Hang on, make that three.

Even a copy on a pressed CD wouldn't do you any good - you still need to swap, or mod your Saturn.

The swap trick is in the Misc. section.

Are the developers gonna be seeing any of this money?

Personally, I don't get this at all...you are going to sell a product and at 20-25 bucks you WILL make profit, yet you had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with making the game.

At least gooddealgames bought and own the copyrights to the games they re-release. Basically, what I want to know is who owns the game? Was it given to you for the sole purpose of selling it? Were they simply giving it away? Can you elaborate?

Also, another thing that is really bugging me: If you are not profiting from this, then why does it bother you if others upload to FTP sites? Your "cost" wouldn't be affected in any way shape or form. The more I think about it, the more I just see an oportunist trying to cash in on someone elses work.

3rdman, if you read all of this thread you WOULD understand. At least I can only HOPE you would. Anyway, $25 including shipping isn't a ton of money. He probably doesn't want it available on FTP so he doesn't get stuck with CDs he has burned and printed material for. At least that's the only reason I can think of.

What does the security ring consist of, anyway? I remember there was this burner by I think Yamaha that let you burn in areas to match a shape, so you can burn pretty much anywhere on the CD...

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Feb. 04 2003, 2:58 pm

What does the security ring consist of, anyway? I remember there was this burner by I think Yamaha that let you burn in areas to match a shape, so you can burn pretty much anywhere on the CD...

NO

Enough of that damned Yamaha CD burner. If you buy one, work out how to read the security ring and then write it back, that's fine.

In the mean time stop speculating about it. There have been way too many of those threads.

No one knows how to read it.

No one knows what data it contains.

No one knows how you would write it outside of the normal CD area

And don't even think of mentioning Clone CD...

Forget about the security ring...he already said that the game would be sold on a CDR...which nowadays goes for $0.10, right?

Hey Mr. Saturn...Why not ASK how the people want the game? After all, it is the people here who are paying for it, right? Perhaps there are some who just want a CDR and none of the fancy add-ons.

Printing a thousand manuals and box covers isn't exactly free, but you're absolutely right in that most "true fans" are absolute cheapskates who would never pay for anything. Don't worry, I'm sure you can get your downloaded version about five minutes after the game has been sent out to those who order it.

Originally posted by 3rdman@Feb. 03 2003, 9:04 pm

Are the developers gonna be seeing any of this money?

Personally, I don't get this at all...you are going to sell a product and at 20-25 bucks you WILL make profit, yet you had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with making the game.

At least gooddealgames bought and own the copyrights to the games they re-release. Basically, what I want to know is who owns the game? Was it given to you for the sole purpose of selling it? Were they simply giving it away? Can you elaborate?

Also, another thing that is really bugging me: If you are not profiting from this, then why does it bother you if others upload to FTP sites? Your "cost" wouldn't be affected in any way shape or form. The more I think about it, the more I just see an oportunist trying to cash in on someone elses work.

No, the developers gave me the permission to give this game to real Saturn fans all over the world!

They don´t want to make profit with this thing - hey man this game is from 1995!

- 1000 no nameless printable CD-R´s --> 450$ (0,45$ each)

- 1000 DVD cases --> 350$ (0,35$ each)

- 1000 CD prints --> 300$ (0,30$ each)

- 1000 Cover prints --> 700$ (0,70$ each)

- 1000 Manual prints and confectioning --> 1000$ (1$ each)

- Package for delivery Size S (25x17,5x10cm) --> 1,70$

- Postage from Germany to USA --> 12,30$ (3-4 weeks) or 18,70$ (max. 1 week)

= 16,80$ (3-4 weeks) or 23,20$ (max. 1 week)

So again: I WILL MAKE NO PROFIT!!!

Prolific Publishing, Inc. Burbank, CA owns the game, they only gave me the permission to give it away after get it running...

I don´t want others to upload it because i had the work with it so i want the appreciation - is this so hard to understand?

And if you mean that it is not worth to pay 15-25$ for a never released game which will be limited to 1000 copies worldwide then you are not a real SEGA or at least a real gaming fan!

And to ask the people how they want the game is the stupiest thing i ever heard of, some then want just the CD-R some want the cover, some want just the manual, etc...

And over 90% of all emails to me consisting this thread are positive that i do this work with professional printing, etc...

And let me guess: You are a hero, who has no original game at home, because he don´t think that he have to pay for anything, aren´t you...

I´m sure there will be enough idiots out there who don´t give a damn about my work and upload it to an FTP, so just wait long enough and you will get your copy for nothing...

@alexvrb:

I do own the Yamaha CDR100 SCSI burner and there is no way to copy this security ring, believe me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back