Ripping Sega Saturn

Hi i'm new to sega xtreme but not new to the saturn scene at all. I have built up quite a collection as far as saturn/dremcast ranging from domestic to import games. Now with me having all these great games i've decided to pass part of the pie onto others to enjoy however i am not quite sure of the best way to rip them.

I would prefer to use disc juggler/nero type formats to avoid making the necessary cue sheets and such. What is the best way to make an image from an original saturn game? Are there any special options you have to check? thanks

Best way: Bin/Cue using CDRwin, then use iso buster to extract the iso file, then you can delete the bin/cue, use audiograbber to extract the music files and convert them to mp3 (can be done while extracting the music with audiograbber) rar all the mp3's and iso file up and name accordingly.

Also you should have posted this question in the tech help / Cd buring forum.

I used to do it as above, but I haven't got CDRwin registered so I could only burn at 1x. I have since discovered the best way to rip and burn is:-

Rip the game using CloneCD as a CCD image with a cue sheet;

Extract the ISO/WAV files by loading the ripped cue sheet into BINCHUNKER and converting - You can get rid of the original CCD once this is done - just keep the cue sheet, ISO and wav files;

I then convert the wavs to mp3 and rar the lot to backup the files to CD - you can backup about 4 or 5 games on one CD this way;

To burn playable games use Nero to create a CD from an image - it looks for an "*.nrg" file so change it to all file types and you can then select the cue sheet created by CloneCD - Burn away at 8 x!!

Works every time!! I've never had a coaster yet!

2x i heard is the safest bet and my cd burner is as old as a saturn mark 1. so ya that biotch burns em like the originals and yes it supports 700 meg cdr's.

Which burn speed is best depends on your burner and media, so you just need to experiment and/or collaborate with other people who have the same burner that you do.

8x is as fast as mine can go - it takes no longer than 10 minutes to burn a disc. Like I said, the unregistered version of CDRWin is limited to 1x burn speed which could take anything upto 80 minutes to burn a large game.

Do you get any coasters with your 24x??

8x is as fast as mine can go - it takes no longer than 10 minutes to burn a disc. Like I said, the unregistered version of CDRWin is limited to 1x burn speed which could take anything upto 80 minutes to burn a large game.

Do you get any coasters with your 24x??
IIRC, there are no Saturn games that go over 66 minutes (not sure if 66 minutes is the limit, but I do remember it's below 74 minutes). Therefore it's unnecessary to use 80 minute CD-Rs unless if that's what you only have.

I think he's talking about it taking up to 80 minutes to burn:

74 minutes of game (I've not encountered one that big)

5 minutes or so of lead in and lead out writing.

80 minutes in total.

Maybe...

My CD writer is failing on me... It will write data CDs fine, but only from loose files. Every ISO or Bin/Cue I've tried to write recently has failed. I used CDR Win to rip Fighting Vipers in to Bin/Cue format (preferred). 1X Limit? Astalavista, baby!

(Edited by Raijin Z at 10:34 am on Mar. 29, 2002)

hey, i just finished downloading some sega saturn games, and i am ready to burn, i already got cdrwin and winrar and i need very good detailed instructions, i've already checked the misc. section but i need something simplier to follow, please give me a hand

it don't get much simpler than what they say. If you have iso+mp3 just get mp3 2 wav and drag and drop the mp3's and convert them to wavs. Then get the sega saturn cue sheet maker (try google) and select the iso and make and the mp3's will follow it. press save cue and open cdr-win. Go to the upperleft most icon and press load cue. Load your cue sheet and burn. I left out a lot but i'm lazy and if you have half a brain you can piece together the rest.

k i am still having difficulties burning, i started up cdrwin and it didn't detect my burner or something and didn't allow me to begin, also i have no idea what file to turn into .bin, the only files i have are .r001-,r002,r003.rar.sfv

some one please help and give me very detailed directions and please do not refer me to misc. section i have alrdy been there, today is starting off pretty bad so please help quick.....

hey i burnt my first saturn game wahhhhhoooo, i tried runnig it off my emu. it works but at bad quality, but i accept that, but i am currenty looking for a saturn nearby and play it like it was meant to b

Back