Ripping virtua racing

i keep ripping virtua racing, but every test copy i burn doesn't work. it has 1 mode 1 data track and 41 audio tracks. has anyone here succesfully ripped this game? ???

I would say that it has been successfully ripped at one stage, as I have seen it on various FTP's and I have a copy of it myself.

What program are you using to rip? Has it worked for you before?

I've copied it by extracting to an image and then burning it, which is pretty much the same thing.

If you could tell us more about your ripping process it might help.

i'm ripping bin/cue images with cdr-win. it worked for die hard trilogy and tomb raider, but my virtua racing rip won't work. neither does my blazing dragons rip. oh well, i ripped 9 games today, i hope SOME of them will work.

not using raw mode, extracting audio and data at 4x, burning at 4x.

I can't help you there. I've had no problem ripping either Virtua Racing or Blazing Dragons.

However, the way you are ripping sounds fine.

If you rip Virtua Racing just to burn it again, then why not go with a program more geared towards *copying* CDs, as opposed to creating distributable images?

I for one can wholeheartedly recommend CloneCD, or Nero...

Try this out. Rip with CD-r win, as usuall, but burn in Fireburner in TAO mode, dont use cue shet - just add tracks and burn.

If this will not help then use CloneCD. Ideal program for copyng/ripping.

Sorry for bad english.

i had one HELL of a time getting a backup of this old game to work(several coasters and frustration). After using several programs, i checked them out in isobuster and noticed the images were all slightly different sizes(i had used ez cd 95, cdrwin, mode 2048 + wavs). What finally worked for me was using daemon tools to load the vr's cue sheet, then using disc juggler to make a copy from "the reader to the recorder."

Problem solved. Have used this process ever since. The only problem i've had is one bad dump of Gun Frontier - the iso is fine, but the audio tracks aren't working correctly. On the audio test screen, for example, one track is missing. In other instances, the tracks skip 2 or 4 seconds(like a broken record) before finally playing correctly.

Beware bad dumps :woah:

Back