RPGs on Saturn

I just got a new Saturn a week ago, and am wondering if there are any good RPGs beside Shining Force 3 (Scenario 1) and Magic Knight Rayearth. And are there translations for the others (Like Grandia *sort of* has)?

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a very good RPG, but if you plan on buying your games instead of downloading them, thats one of the most expensive ones out their ($100+).

Another good one is Dragon Force, very good strat rpg. I also recomment PDS, it's much better if you've played 1 and zwei first, just so you know.

Shining the Holy Ark, Dark Savior, Shining Wisdom, Beyond Oasis, and Baroque are all great RPG's in my opinion.

I can't think of any more at the moment though that have not been said in the above posts.

Although no one really mentions it, Mysteria/Blazing Heroes was pretty good... (microcabin, iirc, developed it, I like to think of it as their upgrade to Guardian War on 3DO) I liked it anyway, there were a ton of techniques to learn... and it's pretty common (Blazing Heroes title), so you don't have to pay too much for it....

Um... if I think of more that aren't already mentioned I'll add them

look in the RPG section at this adress

http://www.sega-saturn.com/

there you will find a lot of great but most jap only RPG's

The list there is nerarly complete

I hope, that the translation scene moves to the 32 bit systems as soon as possible.

But there are a lot of 16 bit RPG's ,Snes most, which were not translated. And so I think it takes a while.

Shining Wisdom is my current favourite (it's more of a Zelda clone than the traditional Shining games).

What's bizarre is that there are two completely different English translations of SW - one by Working Designs for the US, and another by Sega Europe for the UK. How strange (and a bit pointless).

Mike

I dont concider the Saturn as an RPG console.But its one the best Strategy game consoles i ever had.If you like Strategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and so on you must have the Saturn.

I remember Shining the Holy Ark for its kick-ass tunes and as the sequal to Shining in the Darkness for the Genesis which I played and loved.

Quote: from MasterAkumaMatata on 5:53 pm on Mar. 1, 2002

I remember Shining the Holy Ark for its kick-ass tunes and as the sequal to Shining in the Darkness for the Genesis which I played and loved.
Shining the Holy Ark just plain kicks ass. :)

Great RPGs only released in Japan I can think of are:
  • Grandia
  • Shining Force III Scenario 2
  • Shining Force III Scenario 3
  • Dragon Force II
  • Lunar: Silver Star Story
  • Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

Back