• Rise from your gwave!

RPGs on Saturn

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Ragnorokk, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Ragnorokk

Ragnorokk New Member

I just got a new Saturn a week ago, and am wondering if there are any good RPGs beside Shining Force 3 (Scenario 1) and Magic Knight Rayearth. And are there translations for the others (Like Grandia *sort of* has)?

2. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a very good RPG, but if you plan on buying your games instead of downloading them, thats one of the most expensive ones out their ($100+).

3. venom

venom New Member

Another good one is Dragon Force, very good strat rpg. I also recomment PDS, it's much better if you've played 1 and zwei first, just so you know.

4. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

Shining the Holy Ark, Dark Savior, Shining Wisdom, Beyond Oasis, and Baroque are all great RPG's in my opinion.

I can't think of any more at the moment though that have not been said in the above posts.

5. Nadius

Nadius Member

Although no one really mentions it, Mysteria/Blazing Heroes was pretty good... (microcabin, iirc, developed it, I like to think of it as their upgrade to Guardian War on 3DO) I liked it anyway, there were a ton of techniques to learn... and it's pretty common (Blazing Heroes title), so you don't have to pay too much for it....

Um... if I think of more that aren't already mentioned I'll add them

6. PiCiJi

PiCiJi New Member

look in the RPG section at this adress

http://www.sega-saturn.com/

there you will find a lot of great but most jap only RPG's

The list there is nerarly complete

I hope, that the translation scene moves to the 32 bit systems as soon as possible.

But there are a lot of 16 bit RPG's ,Snes most, which were not translated. And so I think it takes a while.

7. Mike G

Mike G New Member

Shining Wisdom is my current favourite (it's more of a Zelda clone than the traditional Shining games).

What's bizarre is that there are two completely different English translations of SW - one by Working Designs for the US, and another by Sega Europe for the UK. How strange (and a bit pointless).

Mike

8. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

I dont concider the Saturn as an RPG console.But its one the best Strategy game consoles i ever had.If you like Strategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and so on you must have the Saturn.

9. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

I remember Shining the Holy Ark for its kick-ass tunes and as the sequal to Shining in the Darkness for the Genesis which I played and loved.

10. mal

mal Member

Shining the Holy Ark just plain kicks ass. :)

11. Daniel Eriksson

Daniel Eriksson New Member

12. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

Great RPGs only released in Japan I can think of are:
    • Grandia
    • Shining Force III Scenario 2
    • Shining Force III Scenario 3
    • Dragon Force II
    • Lunar: Silver Star Story
    • Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

13. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

I truly regret buying Blazing Heroes.

14. Curtis

Curtis Member

I wasn't that bad, just a little...derivative.