[Rumors] About Shenmue (mainly)

vbt

Staff member
The latest rumors are SEGA is cancelling the (at least) 2 years Shenmue Online but will announce Shenmue 3 for the XBox360 and also Shenmue 1, 2 Plus(surely improved) on the XBox360. We would have the game trilogy on the same console.

Here is the supposed SEGA's TGS game list :

Alien Syndrome (Wii,PSP)

After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP)

Beijing 2008: the Official Videogame of the Olympic Games (PS2,Xbox360,PS3,Wii,PSP,NDS,PC)

ChuChu Rocket! (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP)

Fighters Megamix 2 (Xbox360,PS3)

Ghost Squad (Wii)

Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)

Jet Set Radio Next (Xbox360,PS3)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii,NDS)

Medieval II: Total War KingdomsVisit (PC)

Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii)

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2,Xbox360,PC)

Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)

Sega Classics Collection 2 (PS2,PSP)

Sega Rally Revo (Xbox360,PS3,PSP,PC)

Sega Superstar 2 (Wii)

Shenmue 3 (Xbox360)

Shenmue I & II Plus (Xbox360)

Skies of Arcadia 2 (Wii)

Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)

Sonic Rush Adventure (NDS)

Sonic the RPG (Xbox360,PS3)

Space Channel 5 Part3 (Xbox360,PS3)

Space Channel 5 Showtime (Wii,NDS,PSP)

The Club (Xbox360,PS3,PC)

The Golden Compass (PS2,PC,NDS,Xbox360,PSP,PS3,Wii)

The House of the Dead 4 (Xbox360,PS3)

Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox360,PC)

Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox360,PS3)

Virtua Fighter Kids 2 (Wii)

Worldwide Soccer Manager Live (Xbox360,PC)

Yakuza 3 (PS3)

So there are some games we already know and will have(I hope) a sequel :

Fighters Megamix 2 (was on Saturn)

Jet Set Radio Next (was on DC)

Samba De Amigo Fever (was on DC)

Space Channel 5 Part3 & Space Channel 5 Showtime (was on DC)

Virtua Fighter Kids 2 (was on Saturn)

EDIT : The rumor for the TGS seems to come from segachina and was the same for the E3 :

http://translate.google.com/transla...fe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

I wish Sega didn't bounce from console to console for games. I know they're trying to make the most money and not commit as many resources for developing on multiple platforms, but it's annoying to sit and wait for consoles to go down to a respectable price. Only last year I finally got a PS2 so I could play Shinobi and Gungrave (among other things, but those especially).

Jet Set Radio Future was on the Xbox. Will they make another JSR? It's a niche title, for sure.

Actually, it has been, 'retracted', check the link here:

http://www.xbox360rally.com/mill-o-rumour-shenmue-iii-for-xbox-360/

Official Retraction of SEGA TGS Rumor

There has been a lot of controversy regarding a recently posted rumor regarding SEGA’s possible Tokyo Game Show line-up. Now, I was originally very defensive of this piece because of who sent it in. He, a long-time go-to guy named Rob, has sent me exclusive tips for four years, and until this most recent one, they were ALL accurate.

Regardless, after the link had been posted by reader “Cedge”, I immediately contacted Rob via GoogleIM.

If anything, this whole experience will force us to reevaluate our policy as far as rumors go. We may just stop reporting them entirely.

So, while Rob is (hopefully) sending his messages to Kotaku, Xboxic and all those other sites who linked to this, all I can say to you guys is that I am sorry for this whole damn mess. I assure you that this will NOT happen again. I have to say, I applaud you guys for being right on top of this. That’s why we have the comment section open — for both praise, and to call us on our shit when we’re wrong.

So again, I apologize for the story. We’ll continue to give y’all the most up to date NEWS regarding the Xbox 360 and Microsoft, with the wit and borderline-insanity you’ve come to expect, however the page has been taken down, and no further mention of it will be made after today.

James Walker

Back