S-Video PAL N64 Problem :-/

Hey guys,

I just bought a S-video cable for my n64 and one of those convertors to change s-video to scart. The problem is that when I plug in the actual s-video cable (the round one with four wires) the picture goes black and white and doesn't sync properly - making it totally unplayable. Anyone know what the problem could be? I've tried it on all of my tv's (all are pretty new) and it had the same prob on them all. One of my tv's does have a channel called svhs so I'm guessing does acctually support it (although none have the physical connections for s-video)...

Tony

Those scart adapters with a S-video plug convert the s-video signal back to AV (one video and two audio channels) so you´re back to stage one, unless you have a TV with a S-video socket you won´t get S-video. Since TV´s with S-video in EU are expensive your best bet is to get a US n64 and do the RGB mod.

My TV's got S-video and it really doesn't improve the video output much on a PAL N64, in fact I tend to use the composite instead. I hardly use my N64 because it looks so horrible.. I'll be celebrating the day when an emu comes out that's somewhere near the standard of Gens or Snes9x.

Back