Sammy vs. Capcom?

I think Penny Arcade said/typed it best when they wondered whether Capcom will draw new sprites this time around. :huh

Actualy, I hope everyone gets redrawn sprites in games like these...

I hate Capcom vs SNK for their crappy "direct-from-the-original" sprites...

They look gay when they're stretched and resized...

+When the SNK characters pops-up on the screen, the poor capcom characters must hide-away and cry...

It's like "let's make a Megaman allstars game"...

Now, what do we got?

Let's see...

We can use the Wily Wars sprites for the MM1-3 characters...

We can use the Power Battle/Power Fighters models for some of the characters...

And 7-9 characters can be taking directly from their place...

At this point, it could still work... Sorta...

BUT, when the facts pops-up that some of the characters never have had their models redrawn for newer games like the arcade ones...

What do they do?

Well, ofcourse, simple, take the old NES sprites!

VERY CLEVER!

It looks out of place!

Originally posted by Carnivol@Sep 11, 2003 @ 10:23 PM

Actualy, I hope everyone gets redrawn sprites in games like these...

I hate Capcom vs SNK for their crappy "direct-from-the-original" sprites...

They look gay when they're stretched and resized...

+When the SNK characters pops-up on the screen, the poor capcom characters must hide-away and cry...

It's like "let's make a Megaman allstars game"...

Now, what do we got?

Let's see...

We can use the Wily Wars sprites for the MM1-3 characters...

We can use the Power Battle/Power Fighters models for some of the characters...

And 7-9 characters can be taking directly from their place...

At this point, it could still work... Sorta...

BUT, when the facts pops-up that some of the characters never have had their models redrawn for newer games like the arcade ones...

What do they do?

Well, ofcourse, simple, take the old NES sprites!

VERY CLEVER!

It looks out of place!

that and the pixilzed character borders over the nice backgrounds.

I'm looking forward to see Sammy's work.

Imagine if the Sega/Sammy merger went through.

Maybe we'd see some VF (in 2D???), Fighting Vipers, and Eternal Champions characters in the mix...

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Sep 11, 2003 @ 05:54 AM

Hmm, it seems that everyone wants a piece of Capcom with all of these vs. Capcom games. :lol:

Many many years ago, in the old Sega Vision's mag, someone sent in envelope art (they were pretty good) and lo and behold...

...Wolverine v. Vega with a number of characters from both universes standing around. At the time, I thought it was the greatest idea ever (and still do... although, it really should be done in 3D).

I think it was a year later when X-Men v. Street Fighter came out. Coincidence? ;)

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Sep 11, 2003 @ 10:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Sep 11, 2003 @ 10:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata@Sep 11, 2003 @ 05:54 AM

Hmm, it seems that everyone wants a piece of Capcom with all of these vs. Capcom games. :lol:

Many many years ago, in the old Sega Vision's mag, someone sent in envelope art (they were pretty good) and lo and behold...

...Wolverine v. Vega with a number of characters from both universes standing around. At the time, I thought it was the greatest idea ever (and still do... although, it really should be done in 3D).

I think it was a year later when X-Men v. Street Fighter came out. Coincidence? ;) [/b][/quote]

Noooo

Streetfighter should stay 2D. But then again I like 2D fighters a lot more then 3D fighters...

I wonder what will be next, Midway VS Capcom?

You'll have Scorpion VS Sagat or Afro Thunder VS Chun Li....

er....maybe not...

Back