Satourne 1.01p released with new plugins!

http://satourne.consollection.com/

enjoy. :smash :smash
ph34r.gif

thanks for the update

lookin good!

would love to hear some experiences with it.

my current boxes wouldn't run it good

Runs nicely on my P4 1.7ghz (60 FPS with SH2 underclocked). I have not had much experience with actual games because of the annoying ISO making process. But I did rip Panzer Dragoon and it ran, although with some graphical glitches. I think this is definitely the emulator to watch for Saturn.

cool

I'm so glad they're doing the plugin thing

I'm all for modual stuff. Seems like it makes stuff move along nicer

Depending on the game I'm getting 45 - 60 fps on my Athlon XP 2700+ with the emulator as standard, Radiant Silvergun was sitting in the 50's although with quite a few graphical glitches but at that speed was still perfectly playable
biggrin.gif

SSF's new release ran Radiant Silvergun perfectly however just a shame it is slower
blush.gif

with the varying FPS, if it's really high, does that mean the game is running abnomaly fast or that its normal speed and good framerate?

You can adjust the speed of the emulated SH2 so that the framerate is to your liking. But, yes, it does appear faster than normal if the framerate is higher.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 5, 2003 @ 04:17 PM

cool

Having a plugin system helps speed up the emu's development since the main emu author doesn't have to work on all parts of the emulator. Those parts are taken over by the plugin authors.

The downside is that a plugin system becomes a little hard for novice emu fans to configure and run.

Originally posted by fivefeet8+Jun 6, 2003 @ 02:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fivefeet8 @ Jun 6, 2003 @ 02:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Jun 5, 2003 @ 04:17 PM

cool

Having a plugin system helps speed up the emu's development since the main emu author doesn't have to work on all parts of the emulator. Those parts are taken over by the plugin authors.

The downside is that a plugin system becomes a little hard for novice emu fans to configure and run. [/b][/quote]

well put -- I knew that -- just couldn't think of it
smile.gif

Yeah I remember first getting started with ePSXe.

Little intimidating at first, but once you ask around about what plugins are best, it's no big deal.

Is there any way to get the Keyboard to work with the Gamepad Plugin? Doesnt give me the option for the Keyboard in the Prehiferals

You have to use the up/down arrow keys after you click on the peripheral drop-down menu, because as you've noticed it does not show all the devices.

So far I only tested it with Nights. After turning NBG03 off, the game ran fine, at least the polygons. I did not make any speed tweaks, and I used the reocmpiler SH2 plugin (just to play safe). Later I'll give it a run with the Dynarec and underclock the SH2.

I also tested the new SSF. While it's much slower, it seems the frameskip option finally works at all, and it's at least possible to get into the games faster now.

And I see the emulation is far more perfected this time. Again, I tried Nights only, and the output is nearly pixel-perfect to the original. Even the background, that has strange tiling problems in GiriGiri, is emulated flawlessly, from the montains reflected in the water (in the Spring Valley level), to the additive-transluscent clouds and rainbows. Even the sprite-to-sprite half-transparency is emulated so identical to the original Saturn, that it won't composite against the background layers, just as in the Saturn itself.

I wonder if the VDP1-to-VDP2 transparency is also working as it should. Later I'll test Guardian Heroes, a game that abuses such effect.

It might be slow, but it seems pretty realiable to use it for taking Saturn game screenshots that are close to the real thing. There's sort of a lack of those on the net...

But... still can't run Grandia... what is this with this game? Even the PSX version took a while to be emulated (VGS was the first emu to run it).

Where's the frameskip option in SSF?

Have to say I agree about SSF I ran Radiant Silvergun and although the menu background was missing, ingame it was flawless, just a little slow
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by M3d10n@Jun 7, 2003 @ 02:20 AM

So far I only tested it with Nights. After turning NBG03 off, the game ran fine, at least the polygons. I did not make any speed tweaks, and I used the reocmpiler SH2 plugin (just to play safe). Later I'll give it a run with the Dynarec and underclock the SH2.

I also tested the new SSF. While it's much slower, it seems the frameskip option finally works at all, and it's at least possible to get into the games faster now.

And I see the emulation is far more perfected this time. Again, I tried Nights only, and the output is nearly pixel-perfect to the original. Even the background, that has strange tiling problems in GiriGiri, is emulated flawlessly, from the montains reflected in the water (in the Spring Valley level), to the additive-transluscent clouds and rainbows. Even the sprite-to-sprite half-transparency is emulated so identical to the original Saturn, that it won't composite against the background layers, just as in the Saturn itself.

I wonder if the VDP1-to-VDP2 transparency is also working as it should. Later I'll test Guardian Heroes, a game that abuses such effect.

It might be slow, but it seems pretty realiable to use it for taking Saturn game screenshots that are close to the real thing. There's sort of a lack of those on the net...

But... still can't run Grandia... what is this with this game? Even the PSX version took a while to be emulated (VGS was the first emu to run it).

What region of nights do you own?

I own a REAL euro copy and a have a backup US copy and neither would go further than the Sonic Team screen
blink.gif

US backup.

Just mash the buttoms during the Sonic Team logo, and you'll get past it, otherwise it'll freeze in there.

Back