Saturn Action Replay Plus 4 in 1 Review!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Thanks to Zheræ for sending us a review for the Saturn cartridge that you have all come to love the Action Replay Plus 4 in 1!

Check it out in the Reviews section!

If you would like to send us your review for your favorite Sega game or perhiperal send it to iceman2k@segaxtreme.net

From the review:

Memory Manager: You´ll not be able to save to the cart during gameplay, this is just to transfer the saves from Saturn internal backup ram into to AR+, imagined that you wanted to play Shining Force 3 (it takes 223!!!!) and noticed that you didn´t have enough free space on the Saturn ram now you can free some up by copying the data to the cart, please note that it takes a lot of time from half an hour to 2 hours!! Since the saves are being compressed to the cart it takes that time to do it, it´s also not very reliable I´ve lost game saves before sometimes it doesn´t exit to the start up menu so I have to power OFF the console.

That must be a bad cartridge connector. I've never lost saves, never experienced a crash, and even if I back up all 512 of the Saturn's memory blocks to the cartridge at once, it never takes more than about 20 seconds.

Also:

I must say that I was never able to insert new cheats manually, when I press the B button to exit it just stays there and the game cheats are not saved.

My cart saves all the cheats I put in, even when I turn the system off.

Bad connector.

:blink: That´s good to know I´ll take that into consideration, must keep those connectors clean!

thanks for the corrections and feedback.

Back