saturn cd building with xp

After a few months, I eventually have a working computer to finish releasing my floupix ping pong, but It's running windows XP, and stripiso refuses to work.

Do you know

- where I can find the xp version of stripiso (sometimes called stripisotoo or revenge of stripsio) and if it works;

- If somebody ever used mkcdfs and ipins successfuly (I think I remember someone did) ?

thanks

Thanks guys!!!!!

:cheers

I will try this tomorrow!!!!! It's time to :sleep: .....

Antime : you're the best! ;) do you have an hyperlink to your IP.bin custom stuffer prog?

See you soon on the internet! :p

It's just a one-minute program that overwrites the start of one file with another. I wrote it because the Dreamcast tools I looked at required the IP to be of a certain format/size/whatever.

I'm not exactly the one who wrote my last post, but its content is correct anyway (appart from the smileys...).

What is ultraiso ? It does not seem to be a command line tool (not easy to automatize).

Seems that stripisotoo and revenge of... does not work for me...

Code:
stripisotoo /2048 sl.img sl.iso

as well as

Code:
stripiso s 2048 sl.img sl.iso (where stripiso is revenge of stripiso)

output a non iso file.

Any idea ?

I tried with mkiosfs, inserting the ip.bin with the -G option.

It gives a valid image, but it crashes with satourne after

the last "blue sega logo on a black background" screen as if there

was no program to load

Does someone have a working command line for mkisofs ?

I don't have the command line right here, but what I did was to copy all fields from the Image.cti I formerly used (correponding to the same ip.bin I was succesfuy using with buildcd on windows 2000) : sysid; volid, volset, manufacturer, the location of abs.txt...

For the system area and Initial Program, I use

--generic-boot "..\ip.bin"

I don't mean ip.bin, but the file that you expect IP.BIN to load. Generally it has to be the first file on the disc.

Thanks .

excyber : yes, it could have been the location of the program on the cd. But it wasn't. It's just that the satourne emulator version I was used to does not work on xp; it works on a real saturn.

It's ok now. I can provide a mkisofs command line if somebody need it.

I will like a quick guide about rebuilding saturn discs. I'm doing some transaltion experiments and I need to rebuild the iso with the modified files, but I'm not sure of how to do it.

using mkisofs

1. put the saturn binary exe as well as the rest of the files (but NO cd track or wav) in a directory (here called "cd"')

2. call mkisofs with a syntax like :

Code:
mkisofs -sysid "SEGA SEGASATURN" -volid "El_Faitin" -volset "Kordamp" -publisher "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -preparer "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -appid "El_Faitin" -abstract "abs.txt" -copyright "cpy.txt" -biblio "bib.txt" -generic-boot ..\ip.bin -full-iso9660-filenames -o sl.iso "cd"

- the generic boot must be the Initial Program file. (you can build your own or use an existing one)

- the binary executable file name should begin with a 0 (in order to be the first on the disc)

You will get a working iso, here called sl.iso

3. If you want to add audio tracks, i have written a little howto :

3.1 Build your sl.iso WITHOUT audio tracks (for instance using buildcd/stripiso).

Adding audio tracks using stripiso won't work.

3.2 Create the audio tracks. Each file must be saved as RAW data (no wav header)

using the following convention : 44100 Hz, 16 bits, Signed, Little endian (Intel).

3.3 Write a cue file...

... that looks like that :

--- file: myimage.cti

FILE "..\SL.ISO" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

INDEX 01 00:00:00

POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE "sundaymachine.raw" BINARY

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

FILE "beatsuckerdeluxe.raw" BINARY

TRACK 03 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

--- end of file

The first track is the "sl.iso"; next ones are your raw audio files (in

my example, the "sundaymachine.raw" and "beatsuckerdeluxe.raw" files).

Don't mess with the pregap.

4. Burn it as a ".cue" (sometimes called "bin/cue"). You can use cdrecord

and bchunk or cdrdao (or some non-free software). It should work.

--------------

hope i'll help.

Thanks for your guide Vreuzon, apparently stripiso doesn't work for me in Windows 2000 anymore. :huh Could be some patches I installed.

Originally posted by slinga@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 07:08 PM

Thanks for your guide Vreuzon, apparently stripiso doesn't work for me in Windows 2000 anymore. :huh Could be some patches I installed.

[post=125150]Quoted post[/post]​

The revenge of stripiso works perfectly on W2000 SP4 but not the old stripiso.

Back