Saturn games being ported to PSOne?

damn it all one of ops must change the lil thing under cww80's nick to Super Sony Fanboy. I just like it ever since silender referred to him in that way.

kind of...off subject, oh well
biggrin.gif

Sega did release a PS game in Japan (of course)

called "MiniMoni Shakatto Tambourine" heres what EGM had to say about it...
In Segas Samba De Amigo (Dreamcast), we learned to shake the music out of maraca controllers.Now, in that games spiritual sequel, MiniMoni Shakatto Tambourine, we will be taught how to romance the music from the tambourine.Featuring the tunes of Japanese girl-band pop-sensation MiniMoni, this PS1 music title is reminiscent of Samba but with more colorful, cartoony graphics.This time, instead of maracas, you use tambourine controllers, shaking them in six different directions as the red balls fall into them.Its also Segas first and only PS1 title.If you have a import-enabled Playstation, check it out.

Do you think this recent news article could be a follow up to this topic?

Sega teams up to for a new company

I'm just gonna go straight to the news on this one:

Today Sega announced a new company, formed jointly with Japanese publishing house D3 Publisher, named 3D-AGES, Inc. 3D-AGES has started with 10 million Yen initial assets, 51% from Sega and 49% from D3 Publisher.

D3 Publisher is best known for publishing the Simple 1500 series of PlayStation games, a lineup of simple, bargain-priced (1500 Yen, or around US$12) software that has proven extremely popular, with 102 games currently released. Additionally, they've brought out a Simple 2000 series for PlayStation 2, and even publish some full-price games (like the recent and quite popular Project Minerva.)

3D-AGES (Clever name, eh? Read it backwards) will be concerned with sharing resources to publish bargain priced games for the PS2 in Japan and abroad, although no specific plans or target countries (outside of Japan, of course) are yet announced. They intend to increase the market for bargain games, which is already fairly healthy as it stands, if the Simple 1500 and competitor Success' SuperLite 1500 series are any indication.

We don't yet know how this company will affect the releases of Sega and D3P's products, nor do we know anything about their plans for overseas markets. This is a bold and potentially interesting move nonetheless. The most important fact in the press release is that the company intends to use Sega's "abudant contents and character assets" along with D3P's expertise in the bargain software market to create products. Does this mean that we'll be seeing classic Sega games on the PS2, or new games starring Sega heroes of yore? Stay tuned.

Grabbed from Gamers.com

http://www.gamers.com/news/1248306

Not sure what to make of that. It could be remakes, but it sounds more like they'd be devloping titles BASED on Sega franchises. Much like "Sonic Shuffle" which was devolped by Hudson Software. Sega is obviously looking for a way to generate revenue on their products. "Bargain" software? Hmmm...

that would be awsome if they did port some saturn games to the ps1 because the ps2 has that texture mapping option to smooth out the graphics on ps1 games.(not that many people know its on there. also there is the disc speed option to make the games load faster. then you could play games like tomb raider(on saturn & ps1) and smooth out those damn blocky graphics.

Part of being a leaner software publisher is maximizing returns on your resources. That means no Saturn ports on PsOne. (focusing on ports for current consoles). Ahh, wouldn't a Shining Force series or PDS port have been sweet? Then again... they were just fine on the Saturn.. who the hell needs a port?

Originally posted by chainsmoker@Oct. 09 2002, 2:06 pm

Then again... they were just fine on the Saturn.. who the hell needs a port?

Because there's (unfortunately) tons of people that still have and buy games for the original playstation -- I know a few.

Plus, I can't afford to buy a copy of PDS or Shining Force 3, etc.

Also, remember that PSX games can be played on PS2s, so that doesn't mean PS2 owners won't be able to enjoy it.

Hmm, I suppose you've got a point. Still, most of the games you're talking about (PDS in particular) sold limited numbers in the beginning anyway (yes, i know it was a limited run of like 5k copies in usa or somethign) so you'd have to somehow convince Sega a port would make them money. I don't see that happening. I don't even think that'd be true. The only PSX game that sells now is Yu-Gi-Oh and probably some douchebag kid titles.

maybe that's because they didn't produce many.

I'm sure Nights into Dreams sold a lot of copies. It was a good game, but I'm sure most people would say PDS is better. I've heard professional publications call it the best RPG ever. I'm not usually an RPG fan, so I wouldn't know.

Anyway, they produced a buttload of Nights and it sold well. PDS wasn't produced in the same quantity, which is why is sells for big bucks on eBay. Plus it was released more toward the death of the Saturn when interest was low.

Originally posted by racketboy+Aug. 07 2002, 12:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Aug. 07 2002, 12:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>except by people like us Sega freaks
cool.gif
[/b]

w00t! Sega Freaks!
tongue.gif

<!--QuoteBegin-racketboy
@Oct. 09 2002, 2:11 pm

Also, remember that PSX games can be played on PS2s, so that doesn't mean PS2 owners won't be able to enjoy it.[/quote]

THANK you!

Back