Saturn games that suck!

Yes, I still am translating Black/Matrix, though I took a semester-long hiatus to finish my degree at FSU and am now just getting back into translation. In any case, the Saturn port is a considerably different game than the DC's port, as not only were most (if not all; there MAY have been one or two that remained the same) of the battle maps changed for the DC port, but the dialogue was altered considerably as well in some sections, and the DC version even has two added episodes. However, I still find the DC port incredibly inferior to the SAT port for the reasons D-BOY gave, disappointing character portraits compared to the SAT version, and because the DC game is SO much easier (despite it's self-proclamation of "Advanced"). The PSX version is an improvement upon the DC port, but alas it still keeps the DC's battle maps, making it be still an easy game. >.<

In any case, even though I'm still working on the translation, a FAQ for the Saturn version can be found at www.gamefaqs.com under Saturn, Black/Matrix.

Oh, and about Mahougakuen Lunar; let's just say that I sold the game after I had gotten an hour into it, and I don't make a habit of selling games.

Originally posted by Oogami@May 21 2002,17:32

Yes, I still am translating Black/Matrix, though I took a semester-long hiatus to finish my degree at FSU and am now just getting back into translation. In any case, the Saturn port is a considerably different game than the DC's port, as not only were most (if not all; there MAY have been one or two that remained the same) of the battle maps changed for the DC port, but the dialogue was altered considerably as well in some sections, and the DC version even has two added episodes. However, I still find the DC port incredibly inferior to the SAT port for the reasons D-BOY gave, disappointing character portraits compared to the SAT version, and because the DC game is SO much easier (despite it's self-proclamation of "Advanced"). The PSX version is an improvement upon the DC port, but alas it still keeps the DC's battle maps, making it be still an easy game. >.<

In any case, even though I'm still working on the translation, a FAQ for the Saturn version can be found at www.gamefaqs.com under Saturn, Black/Matrix.

Oh, and about Mahougakuen Lunar; let's just say that I sold the game after I had gotten an hour into it, and I don't make a habit of selling games.

I know strolling school (game gear) has a partial translation out, haven't bothered to play it yet since it is partial, but have either of you played that? Wondering if it's as bad as MSL.

It's worse. They took magic school, took out the semi-decent graphics, made a crappier battle system, then randomly cut half the chapters of the story out without even bothering to ajust the rest to fill in the gaps.

I would also like to say that the Yakyukken Special really sucks (strip rock, scissors, and paper with 12 unattractive Japanese women and zero gameplay.) By the way whoever sent me a private message, I do not own any of the bad games that I mentioned (like the Crow). I just saw their crappiness a long time ago.

Back