Saturn ISO & MP3 tracks...

I want to know if you can change the MP3 tracks on an ISO/MP3 format burn before you write it to CDR. And if you can do all the tracks you swap have to be the same size as the originals. I bet it would be easy to make a program that would read the original track lengths and cut the ends off of some personal tracks on a playlist. I just think I could get more out of Sonic R if I didn't have to listen to that dumb chick singing the whole time!

well, I changed the music for Daytona USA CCE to Initial D music and it worked fine. The tracks weren't even the same size but I dont know how it'd work on other games.

yeah,theres no reason why you couldnt with most games, but others use cdda in strange ways, like marvel super heroes vs street fighter , which stores the voice samples on the cdda tracks.

and sonic r's music rules.

(Edited by SegaSaturnDDR at 9:15 pm on Feb. 21, 2002)

Hehe, I changed Sonic R's tracks to commercial cuts that had anything to do with speed and cars. I had a few beach boys tracks on there... although some didn't work out like Gary Numan's "Cars". Make sure if you do it that the tempo matches the game.

You can probably avoid it if you cut the replacement tracks to the *exact* length of the track you're replacing. That should keep everything in its place.

Yeah, I did this to Snatcher on the Sega CD (only because I hadn't downloaded all the MP3 tracks, and wanted to play it, so I put in songs from Linkin Park and such). The first time I got to one of these songs I replaced, the scene was there until the track ended. I really don't see why it would be any different for any other game.

snatcher is very particular about the layout of the cd, i think it accessed it by the toc address rather than the actual track no.

most games just use the standard cd audio repeat sunction, and tell it to change to another track or stop whatever as needed, so the length doesnt matter there (just dont make it too short :) )

Back