Saturn Mod help pleaseee !!!

[attachmentid=1060] [attachmentid=1060]Ok heres the deal, i bought my mod from Racketboy(thanks by the way)and a dvd full of iso's. I read the instructions carefully and started doing the modification.It is definately pulgged in correctly and everything. I took the blue wire and rerouted it back to the mod itself and soldered it on hastly(it looks to be holding though,dont know it if must actually have a good connection back to the chip?). After this,i was kind of relieved that i did not need to fool with it because my chip is slightly different from the one pictured in the instructions(its a square 32 pin?,see pic). I then took the red wire and i guess i pulled too hard and it fell off. So i re read the instructions and it says i need another cable to reach the power source. I added a cable of the same guage. I put the cable in the power source(note:i have 5 input points on the power source) and decided NOT to solder it in because it held fine. I put the lid on the saturn,thinking i was finished and proceeded to run a burned game. I turned it on and the cd didnt spin at all. The saturn screen came up abruptly with no music or anything. It went to the "checking disc" screen and it was making odd sounds. please somebody help me !!!!! :(

Attachments

• Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00937.JPG
    DSC00937.JPG
    479.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00937.JPG
    DSC00937.JPG
    479.2 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC00937.JPG
    DSC00937.JPG
    479.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 155
Originally posted by KJ4860@Mon, 2005-02-21 @ 04:46 AM

After this, i was kind of relieved that i did not need to fool with it because my chip is slightly different from the one pictured in the instructions(its a square 32 pin?,see pic).

[post=130088]Quoted post[/post]​

Going by the picture that you've posted, you have a "64 pin" Saturn rather than a "32 pin" Saturn.

The main thing you need to do to try to make it work is to rotate the mod 180 degrees so that the component side is facing away from the CD board.

It will be a bit tight, but the ribbon cable will just be long enough.

Mind you, this still doesn't guarantee that it will work.

ok,i soldered the red wire to the power source and turned the chip around like you said. It seems to spin the cd now but it doesnt recognize them as anything but an audio cd. As a matter of fact, it doesnt read my real saturn games anymore either... :damn: hmmmm

Originally posted by KJ4860@Sun, 2005-02-20 @ 07:37 PM

ok,i soldered the red wire to the power source and turned the chip around like you said. It seems to spin the cd now but it doesnt recognize them as anything but an audio cd. As a matter of fact, it doesnt read my real saturn games anymore either... :damn: hmmmm

[post=130121]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok when you get the Audio CD options open the CD Drive and it should say " Drive Tray Open" or something like that. Now close the lid again and let it load the game again. When it shows all the icons colored hit the Reset button and let the Sega Logo go and see if it works. It might take a few trys of doing this or it might not work. I do this currently for 2 of my 64-Pin Saturns with Jandaman Mod Chips. Good luck and I hope this works for you.

don't give up! keep on trying :) you can try to look for the 'a+b' mod that will probably work. click here or just look at this picture of the mod board so you can see what is done.

good luck! :cheers

p.s: i don't know if this implies to what you need but read the whole thread for info on the whole '014 and 019' bridge. if the method above works then just forget about the '014 and 019' bridge.

hehe kinda too late now i snipped the mod out and im going to trade in my saturn for another one ina few days at a local place i know.

yet even when i turn it in,i will still have to find the right 32 pin model. Obviously i know that it doesnt mean that its 32 pin just because it has round buttons. im wondering if there is any way to determine if its a 32 pin model without having to open it ?

ok i went and bought what i THINK is the right saturn and put the mod in yet it does the same thing as before...boots up and comes to the saturn menu...please helppp!

Attachments

• DSC00085.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 145
  • DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
  • DSC00085.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
  • DSC00085.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 143
  • DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
  • DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 155
Why don't you not try the AB crossover and instead send the blue wire to the 32 pin chip on the CD board like the original directions say to. Also make sure all solder point are clean and that the board is in correctly.

Unless my eyes deceive me, that CD board does not have the 32.8688MHz crystal on it. I've not seen one in a US Saturn before. It's an EXL-P608, rather than an EXL-P605 which has the crystal.

If that's the case you will have to solder directly to the 32 pin IC to make it work.

This is what a CD board with the crystal looks like:

[attachmentid=1084]

Attachments

• 32_pin.jpg
    32_pin.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 32_pin.jpg
    32_pin.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 32_pin.jpg
    32_pin.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 176