saturn mod

i have a PAL 21-pin saturn and a mod from jandaman.

i followed the instructions on the forum, i soldered the A and B points together. and the power cable to the 2nd pin on the power supply. i tried both 0014 and 0019 but no luck.

it will boot originals and cdrs only to the soundtrack menu.

does it mean the mod is busted? will i actually have to solder point A to the board?

also if all else fails, is there a place where i can buy a premodded saturn? google didnt help much there.

did you post this like a week ago? I could have sworn I just read this.

about the pre-mods. there were two just posted in the BST forum

oh and i was just wondering, if i cant get this damn thing to work, is there any1 in here from the uk? so maybe they can help out, i mean if i was to send them the saturn and the mod to get it fitted.

Originally posted by SD_DRACULA@May 8, 2004 @ 10:11 PM

sorry for the noob question but whats the IC? i know the cdrom cable has 21-pins

The thing on the board you were supposed to solder the wire to instead of bridging A + B. Bridging A + B doesn't work in all cases. Then again, 21-pin mods don't reliably work in all 21-pin saturns anyway. It can be a mess.

Assuming the modchip is ok, make sure A + B are no longer connected, and that you solder to the correct pin and don't accidentally bridge any of the pins, it may still work. It's worth a shot.

As far as I know bridging A and B together should work on any 32 pin saturn as long as it is not a Jap saturn.

Here is a page that should help you out if you have not consulted it already. See pictures 3 and 5. If your IC looks like the ones here then you have a 32 pin. If it is a square rather than the rectangle and has pins on all sides its a 64 pin.

Saturn ModChip Installation Help

Back