Saturn patching help

Hi all,

Admin - please move this thread to tech help, still trying to get my head around the forums.

I've got back into saturn gaming again and I've modded my Jap model 2 with a Phantom. The mod is working great, to run a few back upsetc. I'm new to running back up games so apologies for asking something that is probably very simple...

When I try to patch a game using the latest Saturn patcher, it generates an .sscd file. I have no idea what to do with this file, I just want to apply the patch (2 I'm trying to do is Dracula X and 60hz patch for Shinobi X) then burn to CD to play on my console. Please help, it's driving me nuts for something that is me being very dumb.

Thank you to Knight0fDragon, if you read this - I will send a donation to your paypal as a thankyou.

Cheers everyone

Last edited:
SSCD is an option in the Saturn Patcher, and is it's own propriety format. Just select a different output format (such as bin/cue) when you patch it, then you should have no problems burning it with something like IMGBURN.

SSCD is an option in the Saturn Patcher, and is it's own propriety format. Just select a different output format (such as bin/cue) when you patch it, then you should have no problems burning it with something like IMGBURN.
Thanks dibz,

That's the issue I'm having, there doesn't seem to be an option to change output option in the newest version. Every time I try, it keeps outputting to sscd format..

You simply change the file type when you are on the save file dialog box.

Also, if you grab the newest version of my patcher in the Contest, it defaults to cue/bin (It was supposed to do this to begin with, I just did not know at the time that Microsoft starts its filetype indexing at 1, not 0)

You simply change the file type when you are on the save file dialog box.

Also, if you grab the newest version of my patcher in the Contest, it defaults to cue/bin (It was supposed to do this to begin with, I just did not know at the time that Microsoft starts its filetype indexing at 1, not 0)
Brilliant, I got it to patch in the end... I was getting confused thinking it was replacing the existing bin file(s), not generating its own. Is your PayPal your email, I'll send you a donation over.

Back