Saturn progamming

Maybe you're right CyberWarriorX. I only see that it boots when I add an audio track, also I always burn CD as mixed mode data, it could explain that the saturn is looking for something more than one data track.

I'm still looking for help to understand why the Saturn displays nothing on NBG1(slSynch could be misplaced ?).

I hope somebody can find the solution.

PS : here is the display cmd :

slBMPut(-152, -138, 103, 53, bitmap_data);

Are you sure you are loading the complete data from the CD? SSF has faulty emulation of CD drive, so you might need to

increase the number of sectors read. reading your code:

>slScrPosNbg0(toFIXED(0.0), toFIXED(0.0));

>slScrPosNbg1(toFIXED(0.0), toFIXED(0.0));

>slScrAutoDisp(NBG0ON|NBG1ON);

> slColRAMMode(CRM16_1024);

>slCharNbg1(COL_TYPE_256,CHAR_SIZE_1x1);

>slPlaneNbg1(PL_SIZE_1x1);

>slMapNbg1((void*)NBG1_MAP_ADR,(void*) NBG1_MAP_ADR,(void*)NBG1_MAP_ADR,(void*)NBG1_MAP_ADR); I'd skip this line, if you're doing bitmap drawing.

>slBMPaletteNbg1(1);

>slInitBitMap(bmNBG1, BM_512x256,(void *)NBG1_CEL_ADR);

>slZoomNbg1(toFIXED(0.86), toFIXED(0.86));

slScrAutoDisp(NBG0ON|NBG1ON);

>slPlaneNbg1(PL_SIZE_1x1);

>slTVOn();

slSynch();

This should do the trick.

Thanks again for your help TakaIsSilly
biggrin.gif
:D. The emu run again after your modifications on SSF and Satourne. Also I manage to finish the first level of R-Type without loosing a life:) I'll try soon to burn a CD to see if it works.

This another picture of a running game (Robocod) :

robocod.gif

SH-2 is the 6805 of the RISC engines. Simple and cool to program for, but it won't get you a better grade in college. Belive me, I know ^^;

vbt, you're progressing nicely. I don't know what base you are using, but if you're doing the continuation of work from Denis emulator, I have some code to help speed up the emulation, the tile optimizations I talked about earlier... I'll share it in a while, if I'm able to start a Saturn emulator in this 200MMX to check how far i went ^^;

I didnt mean learning SH2 asm, to help out my college studies, actually I meant the other way around, learning some more asm basics on college, and then start reading SH2 stuff.

VBT, you should take your screenshots by pressing ALT + PRINTSCREEN , not just PRINTSCREEN, this way it will only take a screenshot at the active window... which means smaller files...

I know Asm too (68k, 8051 and 8086) but never practice after school
sad.gif
, it could be interesting if you (IBarracudaI) manage to trnslate some 8086 code to sh2 it would be easier for you.

FOr my screen capture I know ALT + PRINTSCREEN but I love my background
smile.gif

For TakaIsSilly I'm really interested with you tile mode.

Thanks all for your help.

I don't have the time to work on it. try it on SSF, I think it doesn't work on a real saturn :

SMS Emu, first try.

Help is displayed when you start the emu.

Thanks all for your help (especially TakaIsSilly) I'll try to improve it soon, not only by myself but with everyone in this forum.
smile.gif

A little addition, I didn't say that the ISO has above 75 games and its size is 11.4 mo

Here is the small release with only3 games, but only few users seem to be interested
sad.gif

games included :

- Outrun

- R Type

- Wonderboy

SMS (475 ko)

Start a new thread with the title "WORKING MASTER SYSTEM EMULATOR FOR SATURN" and you'll get a bunch of feedback.

hey vbt... I am very interested...

I just don't have the saturn here with me... and my daemon tools crash my windows... don't know why though... and I don't feel like burning a cd-r, I don't have any cdrw with me...

:
wink.gif
: :
wink.gif
:

Does it run on a Saturn or just emulators?

If it does run on real hardware I'll give it a go.
smile.gif

I burned it for the hell of it (even though you specifically said not to...hey I have too many blank cds and even more free time
biggrin.gif
) Anyway it gets to the title screen where I can select which rom I want to use. I select the rom I want to play, and then the screen goes blank. The cd spins like mad, but nothing loads up. I'm quite impressed with your title screen btw...

Back