Saturn progamming

I burnt above 6 CDs and 5 versions didn't worked. only one was workind but it used a single processor and this version was slower than others using 2 proc.
sad.gif

I'm still trying to make a working emu using two proc, here are differences between the two releases :

1rst try :

- main CPU : runs Z80

- slave CPU : manage display and joypad

2nd try :

- main CPU : manage display(using improvement of SMS emu 0.94) and joypad

- slave CPU : run Z80

Vbt, do you want me to put it up in the Sat Dev section? I cant try it on a real saturn. How fast does it run? Is it slow as in half the speed or slow as in some frames slower? But just ask me and ill put it up! Since it is really nice work! Maybe i should post it in the news section. Then you would get some response!

Maybe I could use a button to enable/disable use of second CPU while I'm not sure the use of this slave CPU doesn't work yet on a real Saturn.

Daniel Eriksson, you can put it in your Saturn dev section but don't forget to say this version doesn't work yet on on a real Saturn. Also I'm thinking about moving the old MAME Z80 core 2.7 to the latest 3.3. I hope I won't be too hard
smile.gif

EDIT : In fact using 3.3 core is useless:(

Little update to say I've put a release of MS emu on my site, here athe changes :

- SGL removing

- SBL6 and GFS calls

- GCCSH 3.03

- SBL6 lib recompiled

- Code improvements

bubble.jpg

Huh? I thought the newer versions didn't work properly on a real Saturn... Anyway, it looks really promising. I'll definetely try it out when you get it working on a real Saturn.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Oct 14, 2003 @ 08:24 PM

Huh? I thought the newer versions didn't work properly on a real Saturn... Anyway, it looks really promising. I'll definetely try it out when you get it working on a real Saturn.

The version for the contest works on a real Saturn, I solved my problems after wasting some CDs.

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Oct 14, 2003 @ 10:11 PM

you could have tried the cdrw mod.. hehe it's useful in these cases.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I have only a TEAC 56S (4x 24x SCSI) so it doesn't support Rewritable CDs.

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Oct 16, 2003 @ 02:36 AM

in that case... hope you use cheap media for testing.. hehe ;)

I used only Memorex CDs for testing bu now It's finished, no more need to waste CDs :D

I finished to find the BUG :D :D :D :D which make the emu crashing on above 80% of the SMS games :blush: It's too good to have a commcard :cool:

Here is a little release with one of my favourites SMS games : Wonder Boy :)

Hi VBT, do you plan to release source of your SMS and NES emulators? And may be the boot menu and picture viewer?

Back