Saturn sound is very low

Nadius

Established Member
I bought my Saturn used sometime long ago, and it's sound has always been like unusually low.... if I were to change the channel, I'd have to turn it down ALOT..., I'm still using the dang 3rd party rf switch made by nyko or something that was sold with it... do you think thats the problem?? I can't find stereo av cables for it anywhere (in the real world)....

Try wiggling or reinserting the cable with a firm push. On every model 2 Saturn I've seen they get loose and the sound drops out occasionally.

Of course the RF thing could also be true, especially if it's third party.

My sound used to sometimes go out when I was playing saturn games. That was about 3 years ago when I used three pronged cables, I got pretty sick of it though and went out and bought a normal cable wire, sega brand, from k-mart (along with like 15 controlers saience they were selling for $0.99 a piece in the bargin bin) and ever sience then I havn't had any problems at all.

Quote: from Fabrizo on 9:57 pm on Oct. 10, 2001

My sound used to sometimes go out when I was playing saturn games. That was about 3 years ago when I used three pronged cables, I got pretty sick of it though and went out and bought a normal cable wire, sega brand, from k-mart (along with like 15 controlers saience they were selling for $0.99 a piece in the bargin bin) and ever sience then I havn't had any problems at all.
So you were the one who bought up all those controllers; no wonder I couldn't find any...Grrrr!!! J/K.

Nadius: If your TV supports S-Video, then you might want to get one for $7 at litespeed computers, IceMan2k's sega store. Here's a pic of how it S-Video cables looks like:

ps_svideo.gif

Bah... now I'm having this problem. I just got some A/V Cables (Sega Brand.. at least I THINK so. They look like DC A/V Cables), and I get VERY VERY low sound on me Saturn. I check all the plugs to sure the right color was in. I re-inserted, and wiggled it in MANY times, and still no luck. I wanna play my Saturn! I havenlt played it since about July or August! Bah.... what do I do?

Well, if you know how to access your TV's service menu, there are usually at least two seperate options for audio gain control - one for RF and one for composite audio input. In your case, Cloud, increasing the composite gain would probably cure the problem and allow you to balance out your Sat with TV channels or whatever; however, if you have other devices that you connect in the same manner, it will make them much louder as well.

I haven't looked, but maybe there's a potentiometer on the Saturn board itself for audio output level?

Back