[Saturn] Tamagotchi Park - save game restore/dump?

Hey, everyone.
Does anybody know how to restore a TP saved game on the special pink memory backup cartridge it came with? (or does anybody have a dump of the said game?)

I need it, because I bought the CIB copy of Tamagotchi Park and it was delivered yesterday, but sadly the memory cartridge it came with was empty - and from what I gathered from the manual/warning screen, the game CANNOT be saved, unless a TP saved data is already on the cartridge (that's why it was bundled with one). It even came with a little flyer specifically stating not to format the cartridge/delete the data on it.

If you know how to restore that data, or have a save dump, which could be used with the Save Manager, please do let me know!

I did a quick look on Pseudo Saturn Kai Save Data Manager, but couldn't find the save you're looking for.
I actually own a pink memory cartridge with (IIRC) Tamagotchi Park written on it ... unfortunately it contains unrelated (date simulation game ^^; ) save data :/

If somebody still have this memory cartridge with the appropriate save inside, please let us know :) If save data donator don't have anything to dump the data, I can give some hand too.

If anyone can point me to a sealed copy for a decent price, I'll try buying and dumping the cart.

I just dumped it today, and malenko shall verify if dumped save data works correctly or not.
I paid $36 to finally get this save data dumped ... to realize that this save data is full of 00h bytes. That's something like $1 per KB hence this dump costs even more than mobile phone roaming :D

Joke apart, this save data will be available in next release of Pseudo Saturn Kai's Save Data Manager that I plan to release in around two months. If you need this save and can't wait for Pseudo Saturn Kai release then please send me a PM.

Malenko is going to try using my Save Game Extractor (Save Game Extractor: Backup Saves Via Audio). Unfortunately I estimate it will take ~10 hours to copy.

Typical save data is full of 00h or redundant bytes (for example, Sega Rally ghost data contains raw input from game controller), so you probably may want to compress it before sending it via audio ;)

Woot, congrats on dumping the save.

Typical save data is full of 00h or redundant bytes (for example, Sega Rally ghost data contains raw input from game controller), so you probably may want to compress it before sending it via audio
I just verified and you are correct. Most saves compress quite well. I will add compression in my next release.

I just verified and you are correct. Most saves compress quite well. I will add compression in my next release.

Good luck in adding compression. Basically anything better than RLE should be fine, so you can for example use bzip2 because it was added in Rockin'-B Save Data Manager, hence shall be easy to merge into SGEX.

I sent you a reply @cafe-alpha
2020-08-20.jpg

So here's a virgin Tamagotchi Park save file extracted in the .BUP format by using @slinga 's Save-Game-Copier and a Satiator.

I checked that copying it to another backup cartridge (not a Tamagotchi branded one) allows the game to save and load.

It's good you could verify it :) I did dumped it last year too, but lost a lot of motivation because I didn't found anyone to test this save, and also because the contents of this save is 00h bytes only ... all these efforts just for that ^^;
Long story short, it is possible to copy this save data by burning Save Data Manager and then selecting "Save Data Import" -> "cafealpha" -> "Tamagotchi" -> "TAMAGOTCHI_.BUP"

Excellent work, another custom cart we can scratch from the list!

That's just 33988 null bytes stored in a regular backup memory cartridge painted in pink. So for example if you own the CD-ROM but lost the cartridge (or it was formatted etc), there's really no need to buy this game one more time :)

It's good you could verify it :) I did dumped it last year too, but lost a lot of motivation because I didn't found anyone to test this save, and also because the contents of this save is 00h bytes only ... all these efforts just for that ^^;
If you remember, I already tested the Tamagotchi save that you dumped and added to Save Data Manager, and I informed you (via email) that it allows the game to save and load. I was going to post about that here too, but... I must have forgot. Oops.

If you remember, I already tested the Tamagotchi save that you dumped and added to Save Data Manager, and I informed you (via email) that it allows the game to save and load. I was going to post about that here too, but... I must have forgot. Oops.

I completely forgot about this episode, sorry !! As you already know, I have a memory like a goldfish :)
In fact, this reminds that I didn't announced the previous release of Pseudo Saturn Kai on my blog : it was done only on patreon and as a consequence the things not concerning Fenrir (for example Tamagotchi Park save data import, December 32nd 2020 date stamp fix etc) were overlooked.

I offered to send you the tamagachi game so you could test without opening your disc; I bought the game for the save cart =)

Hi everyone. I used this thread to try and restore my cart as well. I got the .bup file on the cart, but it didn't recognize the file in game. Is it the .bup format? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Back