[Saturn] Tamagotchi Park - save game restore/dump?

slinga

Established Member
Did you use Save Game Copier? 3.6.2: Release Tweaks to Saves Listing, More .BUP Saves · slinga-homebrew/Save-Game-Copier. I just tested on Yabause and it appeared to work for me. Before copying the save I got an error message (I can't read Japanese). After copying the save with SGC it appeared to work. The Tamagotchi Park save is accessible via the "CD Filesystem" option. You don't need to add it to the ISO.

This should of worked with Save Data Manager as well. Did you unzip the zip? I can't think of what could go wrong.

Last edited:
Did you use Save Game Copier? 3.6.2: Release Tweaks to Saves Listing, More .BUP Saves · slinga-homebrew/Save-Game-Copier. I just tested on Yabause and it appeared to work for me. Before copying the save I got an error message (I can't read Japanese). After copying the save with SGC it appeared to work. The Tamagotchi Park save is accessible via the "CD Filesystem" option. You don't need to add it to the ISO.

This should of worked with Save Data Manager as well. Did you unzip the zip? I can't think of what could go wrong.
Yes i unzipped. I don't have a cart capable of pseudo kai full version, i run modchips. The file is visable on the cart , 532 blocks, named "Tamagotcbup".

cafe-alpha

Established Member
I offered to send you the tamagachi game so you could test without opening your disc; I bought the game for the save cart =)

I personally don't care to open mine, but didn't have (and still don't ...) have enough free time to test. Anyway, let's forget about that now that the dump and testing of this cartridge is over :)

Hi everyone. I used this thread to try and restore my cart as well. I got the .bup file on the cart, but it didn't recognize the file in game. Is it the .bup format? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Are you still stuck in copying this save ? Here is an alternate method in the case you need :
1. Download latest build of Pseudo Saturn Kai Save Data Manager : PPCenter :: Pseudo Saturn Kai -> pskai_release_20210315.7z (or more recent if available)
2. Burn tools -> pskai_sdm.iso/cue disc image file on CD-R and load it with memory cartridge inserted on Saturn.
3. From Save Data Manager main menu, select "Save Data Import" -> "CAFEALPHA" -> "TAMAGOCHI" -> "TAMAGOCHI_PARK.BIN"
4. Please wait for a little moment until the file selected above is read from CD-ROM.
5. Select "TAMAGOTCHI_" save, which should be the only one listed.
6. In "Select Destination Device" menu, select "Cartridge", and then confirm operation with "Yes".
7. Please wait for a while until the save is copied. After that it is OK to turn off the Saturn and play Tamagotchi Park

Note : Any kind of backup memory cartridge should work : official ones, but also "all-in-one" red cartridge or Gamer's Cartridge etc. It should also work on emulator too. But, it won't work with cartridges not supporting in-game save access such as Action Replay installed with stock firmware.