Saturn TV out

Some Days ago my saturn started to mess up the pictures on the TV. It all starts with the colors fading to yellow more and more. Then it flickers and after that there is absolutely no signal from the saturn. (my tv shows it with the famous AV sign). But this is always for only a second and then it flickers again....

if i move the TV out cable up and down at the saturn i can prevent it for about a minute but i dont want to pause game and do this every minute.

And another thing... if i pause the game it stops flickerign at once. and it seems only to happen with capcom games but i have to test this....

I had a problem like this, except the colour went darker, and a horrible grinding sound was heard everytime a bright colour came onto the screen. If the cable was wobbled the picture got better, but, got worse after a few minutes.

I found out that a very small component on the back of the mainboard, had overheated and burned out... I could see burn marks around it. The component eventually fell off after a prod with the tweezers.

Back