Saturn wont read cd's for some reason

I recently decided to go back to my modded Saturn to enjoy some good classic gaming when something went wrong. Cd's wouldn't boot. They wouldn't even spin. I know the laser is not totally broken because if I push it back manually, it comes forwards when I turn it on. I know the saturn is not fully broken because it will turn on and even load up the menu and the action replay cart I have. Any suggestions? BTW, I have a spare Saturn I never used that much due to the fact that the cartridge port doesn't work ( and now the system won't turn on for some reason), but I believe that the cd drive is just fine. I might be able to swap them out ( same model) but I'd like to avoid doing that if I can. Is there any way to fix it for someone who has little to no technical skills, or do I need to go buy another (#5) saturn :puke:

i had same problem before, the cd board ribbon cable was messed up

I fixed the problem. It appearently just needed to be throw in the trash after I wasted $40 on a another Saturn. I bought another used Saturn, tried it out on it, didn't work ( though it could've just been my lack of experience with 64pin boards) figured that the mod chip was broken and threw it in the trash. Right before I went to sleep, I thought I would give it another try because I wouldn't have the money for another mod chip for a good 12 weeks. popped it in and wedged the wires into place and it works just fine. 2 burnt games needed to be reburnt but other than that, it's good..........now what do I do with my spare Saturn.

:damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:

Back