Saturnin WIP thread

After a little work on sprites, Denchi de Nanafuda title screen looks better ...

031019DanchiDeHanafuda3.JPG

Heh, that's my main reference. :D

Does it now go any further, or just to the title screen? I'm dying to know what kind of game it is.

It stays a few seconds on the title screen, then switches to the green one and just loops ...

So I don't know yet what's like ingame :(

Ooh, Virtua Fighter Kids looks nice. Is this the first 3D game you've tested yet?

Hmm .... :huh

I didn't add any Virtua Fighter game in Saturnin yet ...

I think you're refering to Satourne screenshots :)

Originally posted by Runik@Oct 20, 2003 @ 09:42 AM

Ooh, Virtua Fighter Kids looks nice. Is this the first 3D game you've tested yet?

Hmm .... :huh

I didn't add any Virtua Fighter game in Saturnin yet ...

I think you're refering to Satourne screenshots :)

Oppies, indeed I was. Good news overload! You 2 are really coming along quite nicely I might add. :cool:

Thanks !

But I'm really far from where he is now.

We spoke about merging our projects this week-end, and it could happend in some times (not too close though)

He gave me his cd-block source, so I'll add it to Saturnin when I'll have some spare time (probably not this week, as I have a business trip and a lot of work)

Yeah, I know ... He is working a lot with Fabien right now, and R.Belmont also added the scsp core from Nebula, so there's sound in ST-V games now in Mame ...

But we're working on it with Fabien (huge thanks to Stéphane Dallongeville who gave us his scsp source code), and you might hear something in Satourne and in Saturnin in a short amount of time ;)

Yup, those mameboys work fast. In one release we get Hanagumi Taisen Columns and in the next 2 releases we are showered with many ST-V games, and many games from 1995-1996.

Here's what I found...

Astra Super Stars

Baku Baku Animal

Batman Forever

Cotton 2

Cotton Boomerang

Columns 97

Dead or Alive

Decathlete

Die Hard Arcade

Dynamite Deka

Ejihon Tantei Jimusyo (Ejihon Detective Agency)

Fighting Dragon Legend Elan Doree

Final Arch

Funky Head Boxers

Golden Axe: The Duel

Guardian Force

Hanagumi Taisen Columns: Sakura Wars

Karaoke Quiz Intro: Don Don!

Let's Play Othello

Maru-Chan de Goo!

Mausuke's Ojama za Warudo

Pebble Beach: The Great Shot

Power Instinct 3 : Groove On Fight

Prikura Daisakusen (Princess Kurara Daisakusen)

Pro Mahjong Kiwame S (Pro Mahjong Extreme S)

Puyo Puyo Sun

Radiant Silvergun

Sando-R

Sea Bass Fishing

Shienryu

Shanghai: The Great Wall / Shanghai Triple Threat

Soukyugurentai

Suikoenbu (Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty)

Super Major League

Taisen Tanto-R 'Sasshissu!'

Tecmo World Cup '98

Virtua Fighter Kids

Virtua Fighter Remix

Virtual Mahjong

Virtual Mahjong II: My Fair Lady

Winter Heat

Zenkoku Seifuku Bishojo Grand-Prix:Find Love (Find Love)

Well, that's a lot more than I estimated :lol:. Don't ask me the fps the games run at - the only one I have tested is "Hanagumi Taisen Columns" and it runs at full speed without sound. I gather most games don't have sound at this stage but the sound is being worked on atm. Still, very impressive :) I probably missed some aswell :blush: But don't forget that the Saturn is harder to programme/ code and Runik and Fabien are doing wonders. Saturn emulation has come a long way since the early days of SSF, and now thanks to the dedication and effort that these hard coders have put in we are seeing some impressive results! :thumbs-up:

Yes, I know which games run on ST-V hardware, I own quite a few. :rolleyes:

BTW Dead or Alive is on Model 2 hardware.

I was wondering which were running in MAME so far. I know that at least Hanagumi Taisen Columns is playable and some others are watchable while some still don't do much at all. I thought you may have known what each game did. *shrug*

[edit] As far as I can tell only Hanagumi Taisen Columns and Shienryu are playable.

I think you can add Funky Head Boxers to the playable list, Haze pointed the hack to make it playable to Fabien, and it plays flawlessly in Satourne. So it must be the same thing in Mame ...

Well lets face it guys, if the likes of Radiant Silvergun were playable in Mame, we'd know by now :p

Still, that's a big jump in progress over the last year or so. Same goes for model 2 in fact.

Sorry, but I didn't just list every st-v I new - I actually went through the mame list and ticked every st-v game that was there - if it was there it most likely was emulated/running though, like I said, whether or not they are playable I dunno ;)

And sorry about listing DoA (got a bit carried away) :lol:

Back on topic (sort of) : Fabien sent me mp3 generated from Satourne !

It has the sound effects and the voices from kof97, metalslug and thunderforce 5.

He didn't plug the directsound interface I sent to him for now, but it shouldn't be long :)

On my side I started converting Satourne cdblock code to Saturnin, so cd games might be bootable soon (maybe with sound also ;) )

That's great news. :D

It sounds like you're all working really well together on this. :thumbs-up:

Such excellent progress!

Back