Save FUTURAMA and FAMILY GUY!!!!

as many of you know both shows are going to be cancelled (can you belive that shit? i mean comeon! family guy is so #### funny and futurama is a really good story) anyway please sign both these petitons

TO SAVE FUTURAMA

http://www.petitiononline.com/futufu/petition.html

TO SAVE FAMILY GUY

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefg2/petition.html

PLEASE SIGN THEM!!!

petitions never help worth a ####.

like they'll continue to lose a shitload of money just cause 2000 people signed some online petition? nope.

well they will lose a shit load of watchers if they cancell those shows

plus so many people signed the pettion...ya never know

just sign them ppl

If you look at the Nielsen ratings, Futurama is ranked #81 with 4.7 million viewers, Family Guy is #89 and has 3.9 million viewers. Compared to Friends #2 ranking at 18.8 million homes, those shows can barely compete with any show. Plus, I heard i costs around one million dollars to create one episode of Family GUy.

well what show on fox is gona keep up with FRIENDS? huh? nothing! they run on all the little shows that either people love (that 70s show, simpsons, family guy, futurama) or that hate

Quote: from dnguyen800 on 10:24 pm on Feb. 17, 2002

If you look at the Nielsen ratings, Futurama is ranked #81 with 4.7 million viewers, Family Guy is #89 and has 3.9 million viewers. Compared to Friends #2 ranking at 18.8 million homes, those shows can barely compete with any show. Plus, I heard i costs around one million dollars to create one episode of Family GUy.

Right... Thursday 8:00 is just the death slot. NOTHING can compete with Friends. Except maybe Survivor when it comes back on. I'd like to see the show that comes close to making a dent in the ratings against those two (why they get the ratings they do, that's a mystery). Family Guy is the best damned animated show on TV. The Simpsons has been on a fast downward path since Season 8. FG was just the victim of no advertising on it's own network and a god awful time slot.

Arakon: You're probably right, the petition won't do much. But the fact that FG was cancelled once and brought back after masses of letters and another petition, it doesn't hurt to try.

Oh, and IIRC FG was pulling 8.0s in the ratings the first season when it was in a consistent time slot on Sunday night. It wasn't until they started messing with it that it lost viewers. And with the other crap programming on FOX you'd think they'd be happy with a consistent 3.5-4.5, especially in the slot it was in.

Quck Poll: How many of you watched Futurama last night??? And I don't mean an episode off of Morpheus :p

I mean it's a little hypocritical that's all, we can all sit on our asses and sign petitions but if we don't watch the product I don't think it'll make a difference...I watched it, it was a good episode by the way.

yeah

i mean i can live without futurama its not such a big hype anymore (but i do love it)

but how can they cancell FAMILY GUY??? everybody i know loves that show! its so #### funny and clever! that show could of had another good 10 years, and after the simpons were done, family guy would take over!

####, if FOX cancelles FAMILY GUY, that is just fucked up

Quote: from slinga on 11:25 pm on Feb. 18, 2002

I mean it's a little hypocritical that's all, we can all sit on our asses and sign petitions but if we don't watch the product I don't think it'll make a difference...I watched it, it was a good episode by the way.

And for most of us it doesn't make a difference if we do. The way they gather ratings is the most unfair and insanely inaccurate way of doing things. There must be some screening you go through before you can participate in the Neilson program. Obviously they only accept people who have absolutely no sense of humor. But it doesn't help that these networks are run by a bunch of cheeba monkeys that would rather spend time flinging poo than producing and supporing decent television.

i totally agree with you that ratings dont mean shit to me. its just fucked up.

im sure that a lot more people than 7.1 million watch the simpons. and im sure that a lot more people watch futurama and family guy than the #### ratings say

These two shows are great. Everyone I have talked to agrees with me. They also argee that they have the worst time slots that they can get. If they were moved to after the Simpsons (cancel that god aweful Malcom in the Middle show) then it would more than likely do better.

can you belive this shit? they will cancell a quaiity show like family guy. now in its place i saw a show on like thursday which showed a bunch of fat people and a little japanize dude stuffing themselfs to see who can eat the most cow brain or something! i mean COME ON! it pissed me off

hey there was just a family guy on. are they only gona cancell any new epsidoes that would be made or are they gona cancell it COMPLETEY?

Well, they didn't order a 4th season, so it's over. And I don't think they can show reruns forever like they can with The Simpsons since there's only 3 seasons. But, as a shred of hope, on page 81 (?) of Entertainment Weekly March 1, 2002 issue, there's an article about shows that were cancelled and the efforts to keep them on. They rated the chances each show has. They gave FG a B-. For whatever that's worth.

Back