scariest game EVER

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mar 17, 2004 @ 08:19 PM

best way to play horror games.....by yerself in a dark room at night when u have been up for a long time w/ sum good headphones on

Totally! Especially on a 21" monitor and when playing a modern game with DirectX9.0 graphics so good you completely forget they're just a load of polygons. :)

I know I'm gonna get laughed out of the forums for this one, but Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness has some pretty darn scary moments, too. Lara spends a lot of time underground in buried halls with lots of gothic-like architecture, and those ambient sounds... *shudder* It's not so much shock effects, it's walking into the unknown and not knowing what to expect. :)

When I was a kid Friday the 13th for the NES was pretty damn scary. Jason popping out of nowhere and kicking your ass, now that's scary. The only games i played after that that gave me chills was Alone in the Dark II and Resident Evil.

Hmm, how to get the thread back on topic...

Ah yes, something new to add! I've found that no multiplayer game is remotely scary if my opponents are other players. It doesn't matter to me what they are or what they can do, I find that if I know they're human (or close enough) that nothing about the game is scary.

Originally posted by Taelon@Mar 17, 2004 @ 07:49 PM

I know I'm gonna get laughed out of the forums for this one, but Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness has some pretty darn scary moments, too. Lara spends a lot of time underground in buried halls with lots of gothic-like architecture, and those ambient sounds... *shudder* It's not so much shock effects, it's walking into the unknown and not knowing what to expect. :)

How does that game compare to the rest of the TR games? The series was going downhill last time I looked..

When I was a kid Friday the 13th for the NES was pretty damn scary. Jason popping out of nowhere and kicking your ass, now that's scary. The only games i played after that that gave me chills was Alone in the Dark II and Resident Evil.

Heh, how about Halloween for the Atari 2600? Kinda similar, although there was far less tension involved.

Slighlty off topic but has anyone noticed that if you fall really fast in a game it seems like you falling too?

Dont know about anyone else but my legs go all funny as if braceing for the impact,my stomach goes funny too as if on a rollercoaster till my character lands then I am all right.Man I hate that.

Originally posted by Dr_Frankenmiga@Mar 18, 2004 @ 05:08 PM

Slighlty off topic but has anyone noticed that if you fall really fast in a game it seems like you falling too?

Dont know about anyone else but my legs go all funny as if braceing for the impact,my stomach goes funny too as if on a rollercoaster till my character lands then I am all right.Man I hate that.

I usually don't mind falling at all. Sometimes its just outrageously fun, ever ram a speeding jeep off a cliff into some infantry? At the worst, I'm irritated that I'm going to die AND I've screwed up my aim. You wouldn't like flying aircraft in BF 1942 at all if you can't stand a little falling :p

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Mar 17, 2004 @ 08:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Mar 17, 2004 @ 08:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pearl Jammzz@Mar 17, 2004 @ 07:19 PM

best way to play horror games.....by yerself in a dark room at night when u have been up for a long time w/ sum good headphones on

A nice sound system and very high volume are actually better. [/b][/quote]

That's easy to say for people without a hearing-problem. <_< Headphones for me, thankyouverymuch :p

As for TR:AOD, it's great. I wouldn't say the series was going downhill... TR4 (Last Revelation) was very good but also by far the hardest - I got stuck so many times I ended up bookmarking a site with complete walkthroughs and ALT-TABbing between the game and the browser. :blink: Chronicles? Well, people say Chronicles had no coherent story, but it's like hel-LOOO... that's why it's called Chronicles... :rolleyes:

Oh, and... I do hate falling. There was one level in TRAOD that went down very...very... far... as in you'd hear Lara's entire scream sample play twice over before she finally hit the ground. And I just kept falling because I couldn't figure out I was supposed to climb down from the top ledge instead of leaping off it. :damn:

Originally posted by mal+Mar 17, 2004 @ 10:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Mar 17, 2004 @ 10:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@Mar 18, 2004 @ 01:38 PM

I love you Muffinman.

And so it starts again. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]

~des-row, i love you too.

Originally posted by muffinman943+Mar 18, 2004 @ 05:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muffinman943 @ Mar 18, 2004 @ 05:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mal@Mar 17, 2004 @ 10:12 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW
@Mar 18, 2004 @ 01:38 PM

I love you Muffinman.

And so it starts again. :rolleyes:

~des-row, i love you too. [/b][/quote]

*hugs*

You guys have got to play Undying. It's probably dirt cheap by now and should be able to play on older machines no problem. It will scare you to death late at night.

Oh yea, Akuma, it's a rabbit with a pancake on its head, not a pizza.

Scariest Game?

This game makes me wet pants everytime I just hear about it.

Michael Jackson's: Moonwalker

images

At the start of every level there was a picture of Michael before he had the 60th nosejob, and his lips were animated, and he made this loud, scary, youngen-lurring "OOOOOO" sound.

Sends chills down my spine.

Heh, I love how he grabs his crotch when he rescues the kids. Which reminds me of a lame joke someone told me a couple weeks ago - although it doesn't work as well in text form:

Q: Why does Michael Jackson like twenty-eight year olds?

A: Because there's twenty of 'em.

... Iceman, it looks like a coolie hat rather than a pancake to me.

Back