SCART Monitors

Anyone remember back in the days of the Amiga and Atari ST you had monitors with SCART inputs? Which handeled both PAL and NTSC fine?

Well my TV, after 8 years of good service, is on it's last legs, so I'm looking for a new thing to run my games consoles on...

Rather than just getting a new TV, I was considering one of these monitors...

Anyone got any information on them? Perhaps where to buy them, or just wanna recommend one?

It appears that your goal is to run both PAL and NTSC modes as needed. That has nothing to do with SCART, which is just a type of connection.

Actually I've been wondering something similar for a while.. I've got a monitor I used to use with my Atari STE that has scart and composite inputs and I love it. There seems to be a loose connection on the scart end though which I can't seem to pinpoint, so I started looking for a similar monitor with no luck.

I can understand why he might want to get another one of these rather than a TV that's NTSC and PAL compatable, there's just something nice about using them for some reason.

The best thing about them for me is that you can stretch and move the image all over, so you get full screen even with 50hz
smile.gif

True
smile.gif

I guess you could look for Commodore 1084, 1436, 1902 or similar monitors (made for the Amiga) on eBay... the European models, obviously, as the US ones have a DIN jack instead of SCART. Either supports 50Hz and 60Hz though.

Myname, does your Atari monitor have S-video inputs (two RCA jacks for luminance and chrominance)? You could just use that instead of the SCART input...

Originally posted by Taelon@Jun 30, 2003 @ 07:27 AM

It appears that your goal is to run both PAL and NTSC modes as needed. That has nothing to do with SCART, which is just a type of connection.

Of course, but seeing as I use SCART connectors for all my consoles, it makes sense to look for a monitor with that kind of input.

I'll check out those monitors you suggested tho
happy.gif
I'm only looking at monitor for picture quality.

Originally posted by Taelon@Jun 30, 2003 @ 07:48 AM

Myname, does your Atari monitor have S-video inputs (two RCA jacks for luminance and chrominance)? You could just use that instead of the SCART input...

There's no S-video unfortunately.. The scart does work, you just have to jiggle it around and get it in exactly the right position. Or punch it. It's frustrating because I've had it apart and fixed before, but it only lasts a few days before going back to being knackered. Ah well, I can put up with it
smile.gif

hehe, those problems with scart connectors are pretty common
sad.gif

Even new tv sets sometimes have problems.. like, it only works well if the cable is _not_ correctly inserted
rolleyes.gif

Back