ScummVM

Has anyone here used the ScummVM emulator for DC?

http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/

I wanted to see if I could get it to run some of the games I have but I'm not quite sure I understand how to use it. It came with both the Indy Fate of Atlantis and Sam & Max demos, but I'm unsure how to get it to run my full versions of games. Am I missing some kind of documentation for it? I own actual copies of the games, and they're all listed as being completely playable, but I'm confused as to how to get it to work. TIA.

Download the "Dreamcast Official 0.2.0 scrambled binary" from the page you gave.

Compare wich files are missing from the burned image you have.

Build your own cd, completing the missing files with the ones you have from your original game.

You can also look for a readme in the burned image or something.

Just boot the ScummVM-Disc, exchange it with the game disc of a Lucas-Arts-Game, and you´r done
smile.gif

Cool, works pretty good. Two questions though.

1) Can I get rid of the text display when the characters talk? It's too distracting. If so, how?

2) Can I use a keyboard and/or mouse? If so, what slots do they go in? I don't mind using the controller so much, except for saving. I can't name it anything other than a string of 0s and spaces.

So far, I'm very impressed.

I'm playing Sam & Max right now, I too am most impressed!

I don't think you can turn off the text.

I'm using my keyboard in port 2 and it works fine
smile.gif
Not tried my mouse yet...

I have a question though, speech works fine, but I'm not getting any music. Anyone else got this problem?

Sam & Max has CD audio tracks, right? That might cause some issues. I'll try it out and see what happens. I've only tried Day of the Tentacle and it works great. It does get choppy at times, but it's definately playable.

I know on the PC version you can flag text off, but you run it from a DOS command prompt. If there's a hot key on the keyboard or something for DC I don't know what it is.

The CD audio on Sam & Max doesn't play in the game, it's only playable as an extra from the main menu. All in game music is the standard chip sound. I can't understand why it won't play cos it works fine on win32 scummVM
sad.gif

So the SCUMM thing works good on the DC?

Are there good instructions on how to get the disc put together?

What games run good with it?

Back