Sega Ages: I Love Mickey Mouse/I Love Donald Duck Collection English patch

Sega Ages: I Love Mickey Mouse/I Love Donald Duck Translation Discussion 0.9.1

TrekkiesUnite118

Established Member
This thread is simply to discuss and post any bugs or issues found in the translation patch for the Castle of Illusion and Quackshot collection for Sega Saturn.

I actually finally managed to track down a reasonably priced copy of this online a few days ago, so should be able to try this in a couple of weeks.

What's the preferred way of dumping Saturn games these days (program & format)? Can't use redump's command line thing as I don't have one of those old plextor drives.

I was having problems with the background music stopping sometimes with my Satiator. I just upgraded the SD-card (CD music streaming with my old one didn't work at all), so I'm not sure that's it, but it is Nintendo branded lol. I haven't had a chance to try the Japanese version yet to see if it still does it.

Otherwise I didn't notice anything, but I haven't finished either game yet.

The music is done with CD-XA Streams, and those weren't touched in the patch. So those shouldn't be impacted. So that might be a Satiator issue.

Any body try to change the rom of Mickey or Donald and try to run another game? this game can be a Genesis/MegaDrive emulator with some work.

It's not an emulator. The Saturn isn't powerful enough to accurately emulate the Genesis with this level of performance. These games are native ports to the Saturn. An executable is loaded in and runs the game code, the ROM is just there as it's a convenient and easy way to store all the game's data. The Actual genesis code in the ROM is being ignored and isn't running.

Back