SEGA.COM... check it out!

stack99

Established Member
If you go there, they have made some big changes, most notably, NO MORE DREAMCAST under the console section... :wanker

They are also adding a forum section... which is still *coming soon*... just thought I would let you guys know.

Sega.com

Huh.. great 🙁

First SOE deny all existence of the DC from their site.. now SOA are doing the same. Looks like SOJ are trying to keep the DC alive, at least they have DC stuff on their site. SOJ forever!! 😀

Anyway, I prefer the old Sega.com (SOA) site to the new one.. blah :puke:

Are you kidding SOJ has a whole section devoted to all of thier past consoles from the original SG-1000 to the Saturn. They list all the system specs, a FULL list of peripherals and games released for each system. Heck even some advertising materials for each one. They also have an extremely comprehensive DC DB too.

I gotta admit it, the SOJ is way better with more "retro" support. than SOA site.... damn americans...lol :lol:

Originally posted by stack99@Jan 23, 2004 @ 03:02 PM

I gotta admit it, the SOJ is way better with more "retro" support. than SOA site.... damn americans...lol :lol:

Probably because Japan appreciates retro gaming more.

Americans suck in that respect.

I was just visiting here to see if anyone has mentioned the Sega.com upgrade. I like it better, they got rid of that horrible flash animation menu.

The Dreamcast stuff is still there is you look, and it even has downloads of all the manuals in .pdf. I was surprised to find all the Sega Dreamcast game manuals for download too, but sadly Dreamcast was the oldest system for game manuals. (I'm still looking for a SegaCD Lunar manual)

I also read about the battery life of the DC. I'm gonna have to find that thread here where someone asked about the battery.

Batteries

Dreamcast uses an internal rechargeable battery to store its settings. Dreamcast should be turned on for at least two hours to initially charge the battery. The rechargeable battery should then last for 20 days when Dreamcast isn't being used.

The rechargeable battery in Dreamcast isn't a user-serviceable part. To have the battery replaced, follow the directions for Repairs before sending or bringing Dreamcast to an authorized Sega repair center

Find more info in the support section or this link:

http://www.sega.com/support/supportsys.php...support_systems

Originally posted by Flakvin@Jan 23, 2004 @ 07:28 AM

Huh.. great 🙁

First SOE deny all existence of the DC from their site.. now SOA are doing the same. Looks like SOJ are trying to keep the DC alive, at least they have DC stuff on their site. SOJ forever!! 😀

Anyway, I prefer the old Sega.com (SOA) site to the new one.. blah :puke:

Critisism of SoE isn't really justifed. They do still run the Dreamcast PSO servers, free of subscritpion, and still offer support for anything Dreamcast. Just today I asked them to reset my PSO password so I could use it on my new Dreamcast and they did it in an instant.

They also kept the releases coming later, with Headhunter, Shenmue II and subscription-free PSO Version 2.

The same happened with the Saturn also.

SoA should die tho I agree! But SoE never deserve critisism.

Critisism of SoE isn't really justifed. They do still run the Dreamcast PSO servers, free of subscritpion, and still offer support for anything Dreamcast. Just today I asked them to reset my PSO password so I could use it on my new Dreamcast and they did it in an instant.

They also kept the releases coming later, with Headhunter, Shenmue II and subscription-free PSO Version 2.

The same happened with the Saturn also.

SoA should die tho I agree! But SoE never deserve critisism.

I was talking about the SOE website, not SOE as a company and what they've done for the Dreamcast.

I think SOE were awesome in releasing games like Headhunter and Shenmue 2, I wasnt critisising them on that front. I was trying to make a point that SOE have removed just about everything related to the Dreamcast from their site. (Trying to find the word Dreamcast on the SOE website is a big task).

So, you see.. I wasnt critisising the SOE company.. just the website/webmaster (and if that happens to be SOE.. I guess I am attacking the website side of the company.. I definately aint attacking the games developement side).

Back